K, so i have a Compaq laptop in my room that i got two years ago (i think), and its pretty good, the internet's nice and fast.
But, the problem is that the screen is kinda darker when its plugged in, but when its not, the screen turns bright. Sometimes this will reverse and become bright when plugged in and dark when not. Does anyone know why this is? And how do you change the settings for this?
It would make sense if it was brighter when it plugged in. Never heard of it backwards.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
It should get darker when it's not plugged in. This is an effort to conserve battery power. If the laptop doesn't have a special key to increase/decrease brightness then you can adjust the brightness through your display driver settings.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
there should be a brightness control somewhere just turn it up
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
What do you mean by brightness control? Like an actual button on the laptop somewhere, or in the control panel or something?
Quote by hell_monkey
What do you mean by brightness control? Like an actual button on the laptop somewhere, or in the control panel or something?

Either one, they should both exist.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Thanks guys, i managed to increase my screen's brightness and now its not all dark.
in the screensaver settings, there is a power button, in there u can set brightness for when its plugged in/on battery so it will automatically dim when you unplug it etc, useful to save battery