Has anyone here taken the National Latin Exam? How well do you need to do to get the gold or silver medal on the Latin 1 exam?
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
I got Magna Cum Laude on it twice, and Cum Laude when I took it last year. It's not that bad.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I took it in 7th grade when I was in Latin 1 and got a silver medal...
I think silver is magna cum laude and gold is summa cum laude right?

It's pretty easy if you know grammar. I didn't know any of the vocab and i still did well.
Quote by dougydtxranger
I think silver is magna cum laude and gold is summa cum laude right?

Gold is summa cum laude, silver is maxima cum laude.
Quote by bigwillie
It's pretty easy, I thought. Ive taken 4 levels of it. Silver, silver, gold, silver medals. haha. I got 37/40 twice, 39/40 once, and 35/40 my senior year (I stopped caring) but still got the medal. So. It's not that bad.
Last edited by saxaxe at Mar 1, 2008,
i think you need something like 38 out of the 40 questions to get gold... my teacher said it varies on the average scores of the test takers don't quote me on that though. i think something like 35 will get you a silver medal. i got like one of the honorable mentions things in latin I i'm not very good at latin haha but the story translation part at the end is the easiest part
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Quote by ryanh09
my teacher said it varies on the average scores of the test takers don't quote me on that though.

That was my original thought.

I've been taking practice tests and have been getting about 35/40.
Quote by bigwillie