well...the output jack on my Schecter CV-4 is shot....and gotta get a new one, but i'm having a hard time locating one
it's much more elaborate than the normal jack though, it's got three terminals (one for ground) and 2 prongs that press against the plug

any idea how i can get one of these (in the us?)
Try Stewart Macdonald as well. And don't assume because it isn't in the online catalog they don't have it. Its worth the call if you can't immediately find it.
i bought a standard stereo 1/4 jack at my local music store today, hopefully it works ok...(i don't have my bass handy to install it at the moment, wish me luck!)

i've been dealing w/ problems (most likely jack related) on this bass for about a year now...so if this fixes it i'll be truly happy!
yes! you need a thin wired, flux-core, electronics solder. all that fat old plumbers solder will just make a mess. you want a low melting temp. if you don't have it, wait until you do. it's about $2 at Wal-mart.
Quote by xCROSSFIREx
well my dad used to be an electrician so we probably have some lying around...or i could just jack some from the A/V room at school (not that i ever would take anything from there w/o asking...haha)

small electronics are very delicate. i bet the A/V teacher will give you a piece, if you asked. for that matter, ask your Dad!
If your bass has active electronics that would explain the different jack. It only uses the one channel but if the other one is connected then that switches on the preamp.
I don't know exactly how it's wired but it's simple enough to install an active/passive switch or just remove the actives...not sure why you'd want to leave the preamp in there but disable it but it's definitely possible.
If you install a mono plug it probably won't work, since most still need to have the preamp connected before any sound will come out, regardless of passive switching and the like!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
If you install a mono plug it probably won't work, since most still need to have the preamp connected before any sound will come out, regardless of passive switching and the like!

I will work, but the battery will drain so long as it is connected, not just when a lead is plugged in.

And active passive switches are relatively easy to install (replacing the volume potentiometer with a push/pull potentiometer would negate even the need to drill a new hole). The seymour duncans site has an easy to follow schematic for one.

This way, you can have the best of both worlds (or, as I like mine for, emergency playing should the battery die mid performance). Just replace the jack with a stereo one (replace every connection exactly how you take it off) and then think about installing an active passive switch.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
we don't know why they used those parts, but here is another source to buy one.
http://www.tubesandmore.com/

i'm too lazy to re-type it.