Ive just ordered a Umerex Beretta 92FS co2 pistol. Its an 8 shot pistol and fires up to 395 feet per second. I was just wondering, is this actually lethal? I mean 395fps is pretty quick but could it actually kill small animals like rabbits and rats? I work on a farm and the farmer says he wouldn't mind me shooting them. From a range of like 10 meters
could it achieve this?

Thanks for any response
possibly, it would help if you used hunting pellets (dont remember actual name, but they have a point on em)
if you want to kill small animals... well actually, you could get metal bbs for the c02 pistol(i think)
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
I don't know. Even the slowest of bullets are usually going at least twice that speed out of the muzzle.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Yeah i have some metal bb's and some sharp tipped .177 pellets so they will be pretty good, can pistols of this power damage stuff like glass or anything?
Of course it could kill small animals, if it's a CO2 BB pistol and not an Airsoft pistol. If it uses BBs or Pellets (of either .177 or .22 caliber), it can kill small animals. I wouldn't shoot glass, or people with it either
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Yes, they could damage/break thin glass sheets. If you use the sharp tipped one you could probably do some good harm to regular windows too.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
woah
thought you were worried about killing animals then
thought you were a bit more human than that
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by E Daws
I don't know. Even the slowest of bullets are usually going at least twice that speed out of the muzzle.

That's true, but I think bullets even at that speed could sustain pretty lethal damage to small animals at a range of 10 metres...
its not lethal, ive been shot with one at point blank, but if it gets u in the eye and your using heavy/brass pellets, get used to living with 1 eye <- like him

dont think it would kill a rat, just mame it
I use a BB gun shooting slower than this for pest-control at my camp all the time. It has no problem dealing with chipmunks, squirrels, etc. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be shot with one.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Well hunting arrows go about that fast, so I guess it probably depends on the shape of the stuff you're firing.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Of course it could kill small animals, if it's a CO2 BB pistol and not an Airsoft pistol. If it uses BBs or Pellets (of either .177 or .22 caliber), it can kill small animals. I wouldn't shoot glass, or people with it either

+1 But 395fps is only good to kill very small rodents. Gamo makes some good hunting pellets. Most people recommend about a 750fps air-rifle for effective rodent management. Problem is, if you go supersonic, the sound is going to equivalent to a .22 rimfire cartridge. so...yeah. Give it a try. You might need more then one shot tho.

And, oh...how dare you kill those adorable things!!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
+1 But 395fps is only good to kill very small rodents. Gamo makes some good hunting pellets. Most people recommend about a 750fps air-rifle for effective rodent management. Problem is, if you go supersonic, the sound is going to equivalent to a .22 rimfire cartridge. so...yeah. Give it a try. You might need more then one shot tho.

And, oh...how dare you kill those adorable things!!

Theys invadin' my attic
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

yeah, i've killed plenty of rats with mine, using bbs. Those bastards infest my shed. I saw one that was freakin huge, but I wasn't strapped so it got away. I've even killed one with a spring airsoft pistol.
Listen to CKY.
395 is pretty slow and may be too slow to use as a reliable vermin controller. Also those guns generally aren't that accurate. It will probably be a fun plinker but shooting animals with it would just be cruel, they'd only get maimed if you hit them.

I think 600 fps would be the lowest to shoot pests with, I'm not too sure about that though. If I were going to do it I'd use my pellet rifle that shoots somewhere between 800-1000 fps and is surprisingly accurate.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself