So can anyone give me links that helped them, that can help me learn all the basics to guitar? I know all the basic chords, and strumming, and how to tune, power chords, change strings etc. Im working on barre chords and picking, (my fingers are very short! Im a girl) can anyone give me some links to online videos or written text that can help me?

also what would you suggest i should learn

I am getting in electric guitar soon also, right now i play acoustic.
thanks so much
you know theres a lesson section right on this page?... look around...(on the very top of it)

and theres thousands of videos on youtube... just look for "guitar lessons" and stuff like that
the lessons on about.com helped me a while back. Theres some scale lessons on their, as well as bare basic stuff. Definately start learning at least simple scales.
Quote by just17n8
you know theres a lesson section right on this page?... look around...(on the very top of it)

and theres thousands of videos on youtube... just look for "guitar lessons" and stuff like that

ive read all those. they helped me a little, not a ton though.
I just wanted to get a good feel of what worked for everyone else so i could try it out.

how long did it take you guys to learn barre chords? Ive been at it for a week, and still cant get one finger to hold down all the strings.
http://www.cyberfret.com

Get started on some simple open chords (A, C, D, E, G). Also do some basic theory, as it will help you later on. Finally, make sure to get your technique down. Alternate pick everything, position your hands correctly, stay loose, and enjoy playing.

edit: and youtube. Definitely. Its good to see people showing you how to do something.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Last edited by syk3d at Mar 1, 2008,
i know all those simple open chords already
whats music theory though? is it information about music from long ago?
lol im a total noob at this
also whats alternative picking?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/

Go there and start reading, don't stop until you've learned most of it if not all, then come back with more questions if you have them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.