I bought a Rockford Fosgate P5002 250 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS amplifier on ebay. I don't know too much about subwoofers, but i'm going to need some to accompany this amp.

Those of you that know stuff about subs, would you recommend 2x12", 2x10" or what? I'm looking for some subs that will have good definition, and some power. I want to be able to hear bass lines and clear notes as if they were coming out of a bass guitar amp, not extreme vibration, ear drum bursting hard bass drum hits and rattling. I'm going to be playing rock out of them, not rap. Also, what brand subs would you guys recommend? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot

edit:
the amplifier and all the stats can be found on ebay, item #110227952482
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Last edited by fireoptic at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Rockford_rocks
You bought a Rockford?

Does it rock?

*Du du, PISHHHH!*

it better ****ing rock, if not it's going back on ebay the minute I open it... haha
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
12s would probably have better head room than 10s
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
My brother had 12's. Badass
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
dude...its a 500 watt amp total...unless ya worded it wrong and ment 250 watts when both channels are combined...thats totally weak...

id buy one sub and bridge em if i were you. because 500 watts isnt much for two subs. and id get either one 12 or at most 2 10's
Quote by stoner179
dude...its a 500 watt amp total...unless ya worded it wrong and ment 250 watts when both channels are combined...thats totally weak...

id buy one sub and bridge em if i were you. because 500 watts isnt much for two subs. and id get either one 12 or at most 2 10's

Nah dude. 500 watts RMS. it's like 1500 watts peak power. Rockford Fosgate doesn't advertise with peak power, because it's kind of cheating. Did you ever go to a dollar general and see a 300 watt boombox for like $15? It's all peak power, and other BS. it's real wattage would be like 25 watts or something crazy low like that.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714