I have had this for a few years, and I discovered that the "Boss" version has a firewire connection that it can record through to a computer.

I wanted to know if there is any way to
1. record through the ax3000G

2. connect it to the computer any way at all.

I was also curious about "patches" for this device. I don't quite know what they are, or how to load them onto the ax3000G.
I hope I can connect it to the computer, but any information about any of these topics is much appreciated as I don't know anyone (including a local shop) that knows anything about this MFX unit and computers.
Thanks
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
For recording, you can connect it to your headphone jack via a double-ended 1/8" cable. For saving patches to your computer, you can connect via a midi to USB cable, or midi to midi probably.
Quote by strat212
I wanted to know if there is any way to
1. record through the ax3000G

2. connect it to the computer any way at all.

I was also curious about "patches" for this device. I don't quite know what they are, or how to load them onto the ax3000G.

1 - Use the stereo instrument outs or even one (one of them should be labeled as mono). Get yourself a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and plug into your soundcard.

2 - The AX3000G has a S/PDIF optical out that you can use to connect to your computer as well, you'll just need to to get the correct cable.

I don't think you can download and transfer patches to your AX3000G, at least not that I know of. There may be somewhere where people posted their patches, but you'll have to dial them in by hand.
Im pretty sure Korg have software on their website for transferring patches and you can edit them on the computer like guitar rig.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
That must be something Korg recently came up with. I had an AX3000G for a short period of time when they first came out, they didn't have any type of file sharing.
Ive had it since Christmas 05 and theyve had it since then, I think it came on discs with the pedals at one point aswell.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
I never knew Korg got around to patch sharing with their products. When it first came out I remember a bunch of people writing out their patches.
SLASH - SWEET CHILD O MINE - SETTINGS: :-)))

Pre-Fx: Vox Wah - 2.6 - 4.3 - 7.9 - 847 - PoS
Drive/Amp: US Modern - 8.3 - 5.7 - 3.4 - 5.6 - 3.6
Cabinet: US V30
Modulation: OFF
Delay: OFF
Reverb: Spring - 7.7 - 5.1 - 2.6 - 0 - 4.2
NR/Prog LVL: 5.0 - 3.0
Exp/Ctl: P/MANUAL - 5.0 - 8.0 - P/ON OFF (have pedal pushed down to FULL)

try using neck pickup on a Les paul or middle position on a Strat and full tones and volume...

Use an amp in complete clean mode with volume bass and treble all at mid point....

Crank it up and shred that famous solo :-) your neighbours will think slash has come round for tea and biscuits. haha

Thats about PERFECT...hours of looping the solo on my ipod in one ear and the effects system in the other ear..
Last edited by matty4unet at Nov 8, 2010,