What are the beginning steps to having perfect pitch? I am aiming for that in a few years, but for now I just want to work on my pitch.

Would you suggest singing arpeggios, getting used to the sounds of the chords, etc?

What would you guys suggest?
just get used to whatever sounds you hear
if your parents put you in a crib when you're a baby and constantly repeat twinkle twinkle little star for your baby years, you will develop perfect pitch
If you don't develop it in childhood, it is impossible to get it, you can keep working on it and you'll get pretty close though
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
get used to how each guitar chord sounds, that helps a lot, make it so you'll be able to hear the chords in your head, start with basic chords like Am, C, D, G
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Ehh.. My goal is to be able to hear something in my head, and then be able to play it on the bass instead of grabbing a tuner or whatever...

Ideas?
That doesn't require perfect pitch. With practice you'll know an interval by hearing it. It's just a case of knowing your instrument. I listen to a lot of music and try and figure out what's being played. It just gets easier the more you do it.
Alright. Thanks for the response, I guess it will come with time.
Also, this may sound corny, but it helps to know yourself. Musically speaking. Meaning that if you can begin to figure out what kind of stuff you write more then you can write it down easier. Transcribing songs from ear is great for this. And while perfect pitch is VERY difficult, relative pitch is relatively easy to get (you see what I did there)?