Hi all,

Bought my 6262 yesterday, played it for about five minutes and then got down to the modding

At the moment just a small change but who knows, might change out lots of things in the future.

Badge removal:

I also changed V5 to a Tung-Sol, then realised I had no idea what tubes were for what so put it all back together to play again.

Inside shot:

That's all for now
looks awesome, I have a 6260 coming Monday, doesn't have the cleans of the 6262 but I'm excited none the less.
Any chance you could get a few samples of how it sounds?
Been wondering about how their amps sound but the local Guitar Center doesn't carry any.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Wouldn't it be cool if the insides were vertical and you could see them through the grill and when you turn the amp on lights would illuminate within? I guess it would be better if the grill was replaced by see-through lexan then.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Last edited by Vanquish at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Born A Fool
Any chance you could get a few samples of how it sounds?
Been wondering about how their amps sound but the local Guitar Center doesn't carry any.

Check in GG&A for Bugera threads with clips. Youtube as well.

Quote by Vanquish
Wouldn't it be cool if the insides were vertical and you could see them through the grill and when you turn the amp on lights would illuminate within? I guess it would be better if the grill was replaced by see-through lexan then.

The PCB, no. Wouldn't mind having the tubes lit up with LEDs though. Could easily wire up a strip or two of LEDs to run off a 9v battery (which us guitarists have many of). Might try that out during the week just to see how it looks. Don't want to go riceing up the amp too much
IMO, with that label the amp looks much better
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Last edited by EARNEST at Sep 26, 2009,
Hello all!

Any chance anyone has their Bugera amp badge available since removal?
I am in need of one for a project Bugera cabinet.

Reply, email, offer, whatever... Thank you. -rami
Mesa uses plastic shaft pots too. If its a huge deal, replacing em is incredibly easy
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
BTW, V5, the closet to the power tubes, is the phase inverter. It should be some sort of balanced triode tube. Put the Tung Sol in V1 or V2, you should notice more of a change. Still, it will be better to change em all
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Mesa uses plastic shaft pots too. If its a huge deal, replacing em is incredibly easy

Been there done that on Blues Juniors, thats why it scares me lol

Plus thats a job your really shouldn't have to do in opinion.. Sucks so many amps are moving over to them now...

The good thing is they have some sort of backing the ones on the blues juniors dont.
When you press down on them or drop something on them they just break right off...

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 9, 2008,
Isn't bugera owned by berhinger?
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I know I'm bumping a few month old thread, but I just got a Bugera 6262-212 last week, and I'd like to know which mods Bugera owners are using to hop up their amps. By the way, I'm a tube noob, so any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance!
Here's a couple photos of my Bugera 6262 head....
Attachments:
1.jpg
Enough about you, lets talk about me!
Last edited by Sinner... at Apr 26, 2010,