So i've started working on gaining speed the last couple of weeks and i've ran into a problem. I get to a certain point with the metronome and i just cant get any more speed, i just can't go any faster without a lot of tension. How can i fix this?
And also the problem of my left hand fingers coming to far up. How can i fix that?
thanks
Find that speed at which you max out, and practice at that for a while. With some time at the speed, you will have build up enough stamina to play slightly faster.

As far as your fingers being too far away, practice (very) slowly, making sure you keep your fingers within a reasonable distance. After practicing that for a while, you'll be able to do it at high speed.
Quote by bangoodcharlote

As far as your fingers being too far away, practice (very) slowly, making sure you keep your fingers within a reasonable distance. After practicing that for a while, you'll be able to do it at high speed.

See that's the problem, I practice extremely slowly but my fingers just won't stay down.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Find that speed at which you max out, and practice at that for a while. With some time at the speed, you will have build up enough stamina to play slightly faster.

Best advice running. You need to push yourself to the max and a little beyond to pull your hands together. That way you'll be able to coordinate movements at high speeds, and you'll be able to hold a speed longer without getting tired or off-beat.

You need to work nice and slow, as well. The goal of practicing slow is to control your technique, you can watch every facet of your playing, and control it. Muscle memory works more or less the same whether you go fast or slow, it's much easier to teach them correctly if you go slowly. When you practice, take 10 minutes to do some exercises that make your fingers want to lift up, and try everything you can to keep them low. You should feel like you're working a little when you practice, or else you aren't really practicing.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
You should feel like you're working a little when you practice, or else you aren't really practicing.
Right.

Approach guitar (technique) practice the same way a track athlete would. You've got to push yourself somewhat, but, like the track runner wouldn't want to pull or tear a muscle due to overworking or pushing the limit too far, you don't want to overwork your fingers and arms to the point that you're dying.
Quote by drag_the_waters
See that's the problem, I practice extremely slowly but my fingers just won't stay down.

You're not concentrating; you have to play it as perfectly as possible until you don't have to think about playing it that way then you can start to speed it up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by drag_the_waters

We're talking around a month to see improvement, and then around a year before you're actually fairly good at it. Have you been doing it that long?

Also, it's quite probably you change your technique when you play fast, and that's leading to your problems.
Quote by drag_the_waters
So i've started working on gaining speed the last couple of weeks and i've ran into a problem. I get to a certain point with the metronome and i just cant get any more speed, i just can't go any faster without a lot of tension. How can i fix this?
And also the problem of my left hand fingers coming to far up. How can i fix that?
thanks

Your problem is that you've been trying to gain speed over a couple of weeks - it takes a lot longer than that, aiming for a noticeable improvement after 6 months or so is a more realistic target.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com