Hey. I couldn't really tell where this post belonged, so I just put it here, thinking it's kind of about gear. Sort of. Hope that's okay. Anyway, I have a question I'm sure you will all tell me is very stupid, but I really don't know so I'm just going to ask it. I was reading this article that said if you have a lacquered fretboard, you shouldn't oil it. How do I tell if I have a lacquered fretboard? Thanks.
What material is your fretboard made of?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
What material is your fretboard made of?

Rosewood.
Look at your guitar body. If it looks all reflective and what not then its lacquered. Come on dude its a bit of logic that you need to use not much.
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Quote by chayes
Rosewood.

Then almost certainly not, generally only maple fingerboards are lacquered.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by random_idiot144
Look at your guitar body. If it looks all reflective and what not then its lacquered. Come on dude its a bit of logic that you need to use not much.

I'm not trying to tell if the body is lacquered. I'm well aware of that. I'm talking about the fretboard.
Last edited by chayes at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Thanks!
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

aye. as long as it's not a rickenbacker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?