Yeah when you guys see chords like this in a song do you actually go the extra step and do the whole chord? for example G/B I ussually just play a G chord. Is that alright?
G/B means G over B- you play all the notes of a G except instead of having the bass note be G it's B. It's easier to understand/play on piano than guitar.

Concentrate most of the stroke on the 5th to 2nd strings when you play that chord though.
It's what I do when playing "Your Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire" by John Frusciante.
^ Not quite, well, it is a version, but the E string should not be played at all.

Most common version would be x,2,0,0,0,3 or x,2,0,0,3,3 depending on how you like to play your open G.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by metal=god
G/B means G over B- you play all the notes of a G except instead of having the bass note be G it's B. It's easier to understand/play on piano than guitar.

so if I was playing A/D it would be

e --|---|---|---|
B --|-x-|---|---|
G --|-x-|---|---|
D --|-o-|---|---|
A --|---|---|---|
E --|---|---|---|

?
^ Have the high e string open and it would be.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic