Well ive been putting it off but i reeeeeally need a looper. Things are a bit tight since i bought a lot of stuff, so im trying to keep it under $250 maybe could push $300 if needed.

I like THIS but its quite a bit higher then i really wanted to spend. I will check local clist and see but just need some good direction in which to get.

-Thanks.
I would go for the Boss RC-20X. Supposedly it is good...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I feel you, ^^ I need to stop delaying, I hate being the only guitarist in a band..
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
A Boss RC-20XL or a Digitech Jamman should be fine.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I think the jamman has a huge advantage over some of the others with the 2GB CF memory cards and the USB transfer. Being able to archive to pc, master in pc, add a drumtrack to the looper, etc... is a big plus. That EH unit looks really cool, but it's pricey, and the footswitch is extra.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I think the jamman has a huge advantage over some of the others with the 2GB CF memory cards and the USB transfer. Being able to archive to pc, master in pc, add a drumtrack to the looper, etc... is a big plus. That EH unit looks really cool, but it's pricey, and the footswitch is extra.

yeah, the EH is crazy they had one at the GC I played it w/ it for over an hour but its not worth the $500 IMO.

I will probally get the Jamman..that was my second choice. Thanks Erock..im lovin the Krank - Also nice clip of the Splawn i dig it.
http://www.jamcenter.com/jammachineg.html

just bout every style (basics anyways)

great and continuous looping. not MIDI either, real instruments!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by jimmy666page666
yeah, the EH is crazy they had one at the GC I played it w/ it for over an hour but its not worth the $500 IMO.

I will probally get the Jamman..that was my second choice. Thanks Erock..im lovin the Krank - Also nice clip of the Splawn i dig it.

Glad to hear you are liking your amp man! They can kick some ass if you know how to EQ them. Also thanks about the clip, I'm really liking the Quickrod for the hard rock sounds, very addictive to my ears. It's not what I usually play though, so it's a little rough sounding, lol.

I think you will like the Jamman. I use a close equivalent of a Jamman for all my clips. I'm using a Digitech GNX4, but I'm only using the 8 track recorder, 2GB card, and sometimes the drum machine. It's nice to build a drum track and put it on the card to play over too. I use the built in mic pre or the balanced lines in to record to CF, and you can choose which source(s) to record from. Then you can transfer the raw wav tracks to the computer with USB. You will be amazed how fast you can use up 2GB of loops, lol. They are a lot of fun man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Slash,

He meant a looper pedal. Not backing tracks.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
yeah, I know, but you aren't limited to "just" a looper if you have a way to move tracks between pc and the pedal.

edit: whoops, didn't see were talking to Slash, lol, sorry man.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Mar 2, 2008,
oh i know he was talkin bout the pedal bro!!

but i mean i was suggesting that so that way it could hold him off for a while. i think loopers are good if you want to have a VERY SPECIFIC progression, or you want to make ur own ryhtms and improv over them.

however, if u you just need somethin to practice a variety of scales, that site will do just fine.

have good jammin'!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out