A few days ago my les paul broke (one of the knobs fell off)
it was a really old guitar, it was about 27 yrs. old

So This morning i was at guitar center and i see an epiphone sg, a flying v, and one of those new fancy pants robot les pauls.

So which one should i buy?????
This Decision is killing me
Quote by TheOneManBand12
A few days ago my les paul broke (one of the knobs fell off)
it was a really old guitar, it was about 27 yrs. old

So This morning i was at guitar center and i see an epiphone sg, a flying v, and one of those new fancy pants robot les pauls.

So which one should i buy?????
This Decision is killing me

Get the knob fixed instead?
Quote by TheOneManBand12
i suck at fixing things
last time i tried to fix one of my guitars i only made it worse

Then take it to a guitar tech.
Wait back the ice cream truck up. So the plastic knob fell off or the pot itself? You do realize you're looking at a $15 max $20 fix if you let someone do it right? New plastic knob is $4 max and a new volume pot is $5. Fixed in 5 min from start to finish but instead you'd spend hundreds to buy a new guitar? Whatever floats your boat I guess

Edit:

I'm close to calling BS to this thread
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Play them all and see which one you like best, it's the only way to actually know. The Epi's are gonna be a little darker sounding than gibsons, since the finish is not nitro but poly. The Robo-Paul can tune itself, but that isn't really worth it if you don't experiment with tunings.
And on the issue of your old guitar breaking, did the whole pot fall out? or did the cosmetic knob fall off? Either is a very easy fix, especially just the cosmetic part. If you have any experience w/ electronics, the pot fix should be pretty easy too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dude

slash played that guitar man

and you want to go and buy a new one which has probably got a less value for money ratio then back then.
You must be totally helpless, or you're BSing us.
Just fix the frickin knob. Or just leave it off (unless the pot itself actually broke)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
His profile does indeed have a pic of a les paul in it, it's still hard not to call BS on this though.

If you get tired of playing that guitar, pick up one of your other three.... And get your gibson fixed because if it really is 27 years old it's priceless.

Or just give it to me.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
No you know what, your guitar is ruined. Its done, went tits up, the knob fell of and its unfixable. You might as well throw it out but don't. Send it to me, I'll use it for parts
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
like i said i have a sentimental connection with the guitar and i hope to be buried with it when i die
You do know they're kidding, right...?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I noticed.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
All right.
On a serious note, is just the KNOB (the plastic part) broken off, or is the actual POT (metalish thing)?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Either the pit does worse things to people than I thought or you're messing with us...

It costs less than $5 for a new knob to put on the pot, all you have to do is pull the old one off and push the new one back on, problem solved.

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Either the pit does worse things to people than I thought or you're messing with us...

It costs less than $5 for a new knob to put on the pot, all you have to do is pull the old one off and push the new one back on, problem solved.

The pit does do things to people man..... I can never look at my grandmother the same way again...
So your guitar knob broke, and your wondering if you should buy a new guitar, and then you say your looking at an epiphone sg, a flying v, and a gibson robot... if you were looking at a gibson robot why the hell would you look at an epiphone sg when apparently a gibson one is in your price range.... my bull**** sense is tingling
Quote by thebroken
The pit does do things to people man..... I can never look at my grandmother the same way again...

lol. sigd
Ahem,

Quote by Schneiderman
His profile does indeed have a pic of a les paul in it, it's still hard not to call BS on this though.

If you get tired of playing that guitar, pick up one of your other three.... And get your gibson fixed because if it really is 27 years old it's priceless.

Or just give it to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Les_Paul

See?

I call bull**** on this. If you have been playing guitar for 27 years you should know better than that