Hey I just bought an Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 Custom with Gold Maestro Tremolo. It has triple alinco magnet humbuckers. I love the guitar the action is great the clean and distorted tones are really good, but I just want to get a more metel feel outta it. I was wondering if adding symore duncan invader humbuckers I would be able to keep the gold covers on them too keep the look, or if there are any more metal pickups with gold covers too keep the great look of the guitar. Thanks for replying.
what kind of amp you got?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have a Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12 amp. Also with the emg's I was thinkin that but I dont think I'll be able to keep the look with those and I really want to be able too...
GET A BETTER AMP. Dude, spiders sound horrible, even compared to MG's...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
seymour duncans are the best
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Thats just the amp I play with at my apartment because I cannot have a loud amp, f*ckin neihbors, but I have a Marshall Slant Cab Half Stack with a boss distortion pedal and a digitec GNX4 pedal, so I know that its not the amp...I personaly love my line 6 I think the sound is even better then the marashal.......but I guess thats just my opinion.