Ive had a ts9 and right now i have a boss sd-1. Both have cut all my bass when i use them to boost my dirty channel on my rocker 30. What's a good overdrive with no bass loss under $150?
The Digitech Bad Monkey (sounds better than the Tube Screamer anyway, if you ask me) has a bass control and will cost you less than $50.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Gabel

Best OD Ever... For the clean channel.

Although it's incredible for adding some crunch to a clean amp, i'd recommend a tubescreamer for boosting. It just has that special something that sounds great boosting an amp's natural dirt.

I just recommended this in another thread, but i'd search for whizzer-mods (if you look him up on google, you'll find him eventually, but he actually has stuff selling on ebay). He doesn't have any tubescreamers on the market right now, but they sell pretty quick, so he's making more pedals, more often since he seems to be getting more business.
It's actually a TS7 modded to TS808 specs, then modded from there (I should also add, that I am NOT the modder, just a firm believer in his prices and the job he does).
Anyways, anything under 8 out of 10 on the tone knob adds bass. Doesn't mean it's muddy, it just adds bass and gives a nice mid hump. It sounds like a good pedal for you.

I would post a direct Ebay link, but I don't think we're allowed to post ebay links.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
OCD versions, the straight poop: OCD's are now version4 (we call 'em v1.4), have been out for 3 months+, anything serial # 16,061 and higher IS THE NEWEST VERSION regardless of cosmetics, screws, or LED color. V1.4 has more even harmonics, sweeter top-end, and a different Taper on the volume pot to make it more friendly.You will only find v1.4 in stores most likely, so don't worry. Finally, There are no mods or instructions to mod offered at this time or anytime soon.

I guess so...
Quote by darkarbiter7
Best OD Ever... For the clean channel.

Although it's incredible for adding some crunch to a clean amp, i'd recommend a tubescreamer for boosting. It just has that special something that sounds great boosting an amp's natural dirt.

I just recommended this in another thread, but i'd search for whizzer-mods (if you look him up on google, you'll find him eventually, but he actually has stuff selling on ebay). He doesn't have any tubescreamers on the market right now, but they sell pretty quick, so he's making more pedals, more often since he seems to be getting more business.
It's actually a TS7 modded to TS808 specs, then modded from there (I should also add, that I am NOT the modder, just a firm believer in his prices and the job he does).
Anyways, anything under 8 out of 10 on the tone knob adds bass. Doesn't mean it's muddy, it just adds bass and gives a nice mid hump. It sounds like a good pedal for you.

I would post a direct Ebay link, but I don't think we're allowed to post ebay links.

IMHO the OCD is a great solko boost (I use it mostly for that) since it's very dynamical and very transperent.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009