I'm kind of in the market for everything these days, and i know in the future (within a year or two) i am definitely going to be needing a new guitar amplifyer, combo or otherwise, that has at least fifty watts and is not a piece of ****, but i can probably spend up to seven hundred USD. I play a little bit of everything, metal to ska, (no country), and i don't have them yet, but when i decide to get the amp or whatever, i will more than likely be playing a Fender Showmaster QT HH through a Boss ME-50. I would like some suggestions on what to get. Would also like detailed feedback....not just "You should get ' ' because it's good".
Last edited by MarkCP at Mar 1, 2008,
get something tube

and i'm happy we're dealing with USD
haha go for maybe a Roland Jazz Chorus if you want to spend a little more
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
you should get a krank cuz they kick ass.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

That should do you pretty well, I've heard good things about it's versatility and it's gain is supposed to be something akin to a poor man's rectifier and it's well within your budget.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Conehead
you should get a krank cuz they kick ass.

Since you don't take the time to read posts, one can clearly see that his budget is several hundred dollars. Also, Kranks are overpriced, overmarketed, and really not that spectacular.
IMO, of course.

Anyways, yeah, i'd follow up on that B-52 recommendation. I played one, and it is like a poor man's recto.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It's a great amp too

Use your ear and don't let the logo or name spoil your tastes