Alright. I've played guitar for a while (about 3-4 years maybe) and bass not as long. (2-3 years.) But anyway, I really like to play both of them. But I don't know which I like the best. And as I will start college in the fall as an extremely busy music major, (on the saxophone, because it's my many instrument and I love it) I'm afraid that I will not have enough time to play, and be good on both. So, I was thinking that I should just decide on one. But, I have no clue how to do that. I really do like both bass and guitar. Any ideas?

Also I'm sorry if this isn't the best place for this thread, but I couldn't think of anywhere else.

And I know I guess it's all opinion, but maybe you guys have some ideas how to choose.

(Edit fixed 2 - 30 years to 2 -3 years)
Last edited by thebroken at Mar 2, 2008,
Just do wut ever ur best at.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Whats so hard about playing both?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
how bout you just divide your time evenly on them. play bass one day, and guitar the other. unless you like one better than the other. or have desire to get good at one of them faster than the other, in which case, choose what you want to be best at. i have a feeling, seeing as how you've been playing each instrument for a considerable amount of time, that you're at least decent at each of them. so at this point, just figure out what you like doing best if you truely only want to play one, or, you could just divide your time between the two. its your call, not ours. which one calls to you?
Quote by tacobell444
how bout you just divide your time evenly on them. play bass one day, and guitar the other. unless you like one better than the other. or have desire to get good at one of them faster than the other, in which case, choose what you want to be best at. i have a feeling, seeing as how you've been playing each instrument for a considerable amount of time, that you're at least decent at each of them. so at this point, just figure out what you like doing best if you truely only want to play one, or, you could just divide your time between the two. its your call, not ours. which one calls to you?

I guess part of it is that I am tired of just being decent, I want to be good. Better than good. Sometimes, I feel like I should be a guitarist but other days I feel like being a bassist.
If i were you Id start guitar. I feel that bass is cool and everything but only sounds good when you play it in a band with other guitars and drums. I think that guitar is better for just playing by yourself for fun or whatever. Just my opinion.
Go for a Doubleneck....Guitar+Bass

maybe ur next to Michaelangelo

lol
....so little time.
Quote by Dok Waw
Go for a Doubleneck....Guitar+Bass

maybe ur next to Michaelangelo

lol

LOL I've always wanted one.
Quote by thebroken
Alright. I've played guitar for a while (about 3-4 years maybe) and bass not as long. (2-30 years.)

thats kind of a long time

whichever one you like better you should play. sometimes a new skill is as valuable as an old skill
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
thats kind of a long time

whichever one you like better you should play. sometimes a new skill is as valuable as an old skill

Oops TYPO! I wish I had been playing for 30 years. Then it would be an easier decision.
Well, I think I'm just going to split the time the best I can for now. I just put some new flatwound ghs strings on my bass, and it feels much better, and I'm getting a Fender Deluxe Players strat this month. So who know what I may do. But for now I will keep working hard on both. Thanks for your suggestions and replies though!
haha dude no way i play bass, guitar and sax too!
(and piccolo/flute and some drums but thats beside the fact)

but yeah hmmmm i would say guitar, because if u practice guitar, you can practice some bass stuff on it too, so u wont lose all ur bass knowlegde, where u cant rlly do that on a bass...
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?