whats the tuning that malmsteen and jason becker use i know its something wierd
It's not weird at all, only Eb (half a step down)...at least, that's what Yngwie uses, I don't know about Becker.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
this is relevant to my interests...
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
E B G D A E is what it says on a couple of malmsteen and becker powertabs wtf tuning is that
half step for yngwie
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
My Rising Force tab book does not have YJMs stuff down a half step FYI. Both are standard.

EDIT: Nvm, just checked it. Dunno why I thought so.
Last edited by CJRocker at Mar 1, 2008,
Yngwie is always in Eb

Always has been even back in the day when he was in Alcatrazz
Standard, half a step down. Always.

I don't know any neoclassical players that use alternate tunings...
High as tits
Neoclassical uses a whole slew of scales that become harder to reach once you leave standard tuning... but there is an option if you wanna try other tones...

you could tune down/up the entire standard tuning (D standard, A standard, B standard or whatever other note as opposed to E standard)...

these tunings would require special strings to eitehr resist the tension or handle the lack thereof and youd have to adjust the truss rod, but it might yield cool results... idk itd definitely be new to the style...

the fingerings for everything (chords/scales) would be exactly the same, as the intervals between strings would stay the same...

hell you could play songs that exist in standard in a wayyy different key or octave that way too...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
The only player I can think of that tunes down past Eb is Michale Romeo

He plays in D standard