Page 1 of 2
Ok, I was looking at the depressing pic thread
when i came across a pic of Cherobynol

Can some set me straight on the story of it?
I know what it is, but there are different versions

Sad isnt it?

There is some powerful stuff in that thread!

EDIT: ok ok, Chernbynol or what ever!
I CANT SPELL!!!! L¤L
Last edited by Trëv at Mar 1, 2008,
Chernobyl?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by thewho65
Big nuclear disaster=no one lives there anymore.

people still live near it
u should see the whats happened to the ones who stayed
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by thewho65

wow that's so cool
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by *yournamehere*
50000 people used to live there, now it's a ghost town.

lolz
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by *yournamehere*

Call of Duty 4?
There was a meltdown, one of the reactors exploded. It's all in the first paragraph dip****.
"Cherobynol", lol.

Yeah they were doing safety tests (in not a particularly safe manner) on a nuclear reactor that wasn't particularly well designed. It ended up blowing up. I don't think anyone lives there permanently anymore, but they do have a containment building set up around the old reactor that people have to continuously maintain, as the remnants of the reactor are still radioactive enough to be dangerous.
dude wtf?
do people suffering and world economy dropping turn u on??

EDIT:this is to the guy above the guy above me!
Quote by thewho65

The Armed forces still let people live in the actual site, it is blocked of by the army and since there where some who survived, they just stayed, thats what i read atleast, so yeah, big explosion, kills lots, mutates some. Blocked of from humanity, there are still some that live there. They made a game based off it, you should play it. It's called " Call of Duty 4"
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
Quote by Trëv
dude wtf?
do people suffering and world economy dropping turn u on??

EDIT:this is to the guy above the guy above me!

I don't know dude. I was reading the wiki page and I started getting a chubby. I was like "wtf?!"
Quote by Astro-Josh
I don't know dude. I was reading the wiki page and I started getting a chubby. I was like "wtf?!"

It happens to the best of us.
Quote by Trëv
u scare me
do u cum in ur pants if i say nuclear war?

*orgasm*

Dammit...

lol

Its funny, because I was dead serious too... I'm actually kinda disturbed by myself! lol
Basically the Chernobyl Disaster happened in the 80's when a Soviet powerplant melted down during a test. The plant was located near Prypiat, Ukraine (a former USSR state).

During a test of a reactor power failed to a water pump that cooled said reactor. When the water stopped flowing the reactor overheated, boiling any remaining water in the coolant lines.

The Russian scientists tried to remedy the situation by attempting to shutdown the reactor. To do so they inserted the control rods into the core. The control rods were coated in graphite (Graphite is a Neutron Moderator and this only escalated the reaction inside the runaway reactor).

As the control rods were inserted, the fuel rods began to fracture, shatter, and eventually melt. This heat caused the remaining water to explode, thus destroying the reactor containment building and exposing the core.
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by Holy Katana
Have a headache that could only be described as a nuclear meltdown? Try Cherobynol™!

Apply it directly to the forehead!
Quote by Astro-Josh
Did ppls actually get like, mutated? Like, seriously?

No. There was a huge increase in cancer rates. They built something called the "Sarcophagus" around it to hold in the nuclear waste, but it is slowly degrading. They've now got plans for a nearly two-billion dollar shelter to build around the old one.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by shigidab0p
"Cherobynol", lol.

Yeah they were doing safety tests (in not a particularly safe manner) on a nuclear reactor that wasn't particularly well designed. It ended up blowing up. I don't think anyone lives there permanently anymore, but they do have a containment building set up around the old reactor that people have to continuously maintain, as the remnants of the reactor are still radioactive enough to be dangerous.

The Chernobyl Reactor 4 was a highly unpredictable reactor. It had to be constantly maintained and operated by those who knew what they were doing. A test was being done to see whether or not the reactor could shut down, but the plants back up generators could still keep it in a safe state.

The containment crews failed...

and the guy above me summarized it best.

да товарищ
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by Liberation
No. There was a huge increase in cancer rates. They built something called the "Sarcophagus" around it to hold in the nuclear waste, but it is slowly degrading. They've now got plans for a nearly two-billion dollar shelter to build around the old one.

Like, as in, around the whole city?
Quote by Astro-Josh

No, just around the reactor.

edit: unless you're talking about the cancer rates. In that case, yes, around the whole surrounding area.
Quote by *yournamehere*

DONT FORGET YUR GHILLIE SUIT!

I did Lol when i saw that though.
Quote by Astro-Josh

No, just around the remains of the reactor that had the meltdown.

However, the area around Chernobyl will be unsafe for MANY MANY years. Possibly as long as a century, or more. Very, very few people live there anymore. As a matter of fact, it is illegal to live in, or conduct business in the 30 kilometer surroundings of Chernobyl, known as the "Zone of Alienation".

It's actually a really interesting event in history.
Last edited by Liberation at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Holy Katana
Have a headache that could only be described as a nuclear meltdown? Try Cherobynol™!

Hahaha, horrible yet hilarious.
Quote by Liberation
No, just around the remains of the reactor that had the meltdown.

However, the area around Chernobyl will be unsafe for MANY MANY years. Possibly as long as a century, or more. Very, very few people live there anymore. As a matter of fact, it is illegal to live in, or conduct business in the 30 kilometer surroundings of Chernobyl, known as the "Zone of Alienation".

It's actually a really interesting event in history.

And what about the ppl who do live there? They look normal? No freakish mutations?
Quote by Jekkyl
Actually, to those of you saying that no mutations resulted from the Chernobyl disaster, here's proof that you're wrong...

*shits self*
Quote by Jekkyl
Actually, to those of you saying that no mutations resulted from the Chernobyl disaster, here's proof that you're wrong...

Mutate is not the correct word. However, Chernobyl caused many physical and mental disabilities. Here's a photo gallery I found regarding some of the people of the area, and some of the area itself.

http://www.pixelpress.org/chernobyl/index.html
Quote by Jekkyl

I think we've found bigfoot in chernobyl3.jpg

HI GUYS!
Quote by AtThisVelocity
The Armed forces still let people live in the actual site, it is blocked of by the army and since there where some who survived, they just stayed, thats what i read atleast, so yeah, big explosion, kills lots, mutates some. Blocked of from humanity, there are still some that live there. They made a game based off it, you should play it. It's called " Call of Duty 4"

It's called S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Call of Duty based a level off of it.
Page 1 of 2