I got invited to play paintball tomorrow with some of my friends.

Wtf.

I know nothing about this.
Enlighten me.

I don't wanna look like a dumbass when I get there.
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
i think you just sort of shoot balls at each others face
signed,
your favorite poster
They'll give you a set of camo overalls, a belt for holding paint canisters, a paint gun and a mask.

never take the mask off in game.

don't shoot randomly at nothing.

learn the effective range of your gun.

conserve ammo - they charge butt rape prices for it

wear a hooded top incase the masks don't protect the top or back of your head - paint balls to the neck sting like fuk.

gloves are a good idea - stinging hands are not good.
point, shoot, whats not to understand?
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
1. It doesnt hurt as bad as they say its just like gettin punched no big deal.
2. Stay low and use cover.
3. Where colors that will blend with the surroundings, white for snow, browns and greens for forest u get it.
4. Be stealthy, you will get more kills by waiting in a good spot then running from tree to tree like a moron.
Wake up
Your hiding in your nightmares
Your screaming behind closed eyes
What the hell are you waiting for
its awesome
you have to go

basicly
you get dressed up in like a body protection thing (with helmet and stuff)
then you get a paintball gun
hide
and shoot!!!!
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
oh wait are you going to an actual place or just in the woods
Wake up
Quote by Iametti7
4. Be stealthy, you will get more kills

dude, whoa
you play too hard
signed,
your favorite poster
Watch out for snakes.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
before it begins shoot em all in the nuts...either the game wont start or u will get butt raped
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Yeah, we're going to a real place.
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
ohh, most of those tips still apply. just dont be afraid to get hit and be aware of your surroundings. if you just look straight your gonna get flanked
Wake up
little balls with paint in them, shoot at other people. fun. doing that for my friends birthday in april
Quote by freedoms_stain
They'll give you a set of camo overalls, a belt for holding paint canisters, a paint gun and a mask.

never take the mask off in game.

don't shoot randomly at nothing.

learn the effective range of your gun.

conserve ammo - they charge butt rape prices for it

wear a hooded top incase the masks don't protect the top or back of your head - paint balls to the neck sting like fuk.

gloves are a good idea - stinging hands are not good.

google tells u all eh bud lol
NEVER TAKE YOUR MASK OFF ON THE FIELD!

ALWAYS HAVE THE BARREL CONDOM (tehe) ON YOUR BARREL WHEN YOU ARE IN THE STAGING AREA!

Other than that, they should brief you and answer any questions you have when you get there.

Just wear a hoodie or something thick. I'm not gonna lie, it stings like a bitch when you get hit (depending on where) but I have been playing for 4+ years, and so I am kinda used to it.

Just go out there and shoot some people.

Work as a team for fucks sake no lone wolf bull. Don't be scared to get shot, it doesn't hurt it's more of a surprise.
Quote by Chobes
Work as a team for fucks sake no lone wolf bull. Don't be scared to get shot, it doesn't hurt it's more of a surprise.

Tell that to the girl who I shot in the face and a little bit of the plastic paint casing flew through the mouth grill and gave her a huge lump on her face.
I've always wondered, do you guys wear jockstraps? Wouldn't it be the worst pain of your life getting shot with a paintball at your meat and two-veg?
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
I've always wondered, do you guys wear jockstraps? Wouldn't it be the worst pain of your life getting shot with a paintball at your meat and two-veg?

Yea i do because that would just be devastating to be hit there
Wake up
Quote by freedoms_stain
Tell that to the girl who I shot in the face and a little bit of the plastic paint casing flew through the mouth grill and gave her a huge lump on her face.

It puts hair on your chest.

I go jock strap less, Danger is my middle name.
^^

you wont be so daring after getting nudered by a ball of paint
Wake up
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

I dont. You would have to facing directly towards someone to get shot there.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

some people do some people don't I wear a football girdle with a crotch pad, way more comfortable.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

You'd have to be noobing it up pretty badly to get shot in the crotch.

If you're using the available cover properly you're only ever gonna get shot in the head (doesn't hurt at all - mask) the upper body (where your body is most naturally protected by skeleton and muscle) or the back if you were stupid enough to get flanked.
^^

accidents happen man you never know, paintballs can find there way through alot of things
Wake up
Quote by freedoms_stain
You'd have to be noobing it up pretty badly to get shot in the crotch.

If you're using the available cover properly you're only ever gonna get shot in the head (doesn't hurt at all - mask) the upper body (where your body is most naturally protected by skeleton and muscle) or the back if you were stupid enough to get flanked.

I've seen it happen all the time, especially in speedball.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Teamwork and DONT WASTE PAINT. It is expensive and noobs tend to shoot way tooo much. I still shoot too damm much. Even if providing covering fire shoot slower than you thing you need to. Are you playing woodsball or speedball?
Winslow
Quote by Chobes

it hurts, especially when you get shot in the head right above your mask, you just can't whine about it. always be sure the paint broke before you decide you're out and walk from behind your bunker/tree.

the searchbar is also rather useful; i haven't found it painful in the least.
Weapons Mistress of the UG Military
...don't be scared
I play sometimes, but I don't really know how. I just kind of find a place to hunker down and start taking pot shots, until this really sneaky bastard comes from behind and peppers me. Sometimes I get lucky and someone will run right up and I can get them pretty good, but I usually get out right away or accomplish nothing.

Tips?
Quote by CowboyUp
I play sometimes, but I don't really know how. I just kind of find a place to hunker down and start taking pot shots, until this really sneaky bastard comes from behind and peppers me. Sometimes I get lucky and someone will run right up and I can get them pretty good, but I usually get out right away or accomplish nothing.

Tips?

Tips? Here's from my experience from woodsball.

- When you play with other players and are a team, try to establish a short-hand sign language. This helps you communicate where OPFOR (opposing forces) are at any given instance and enables you to move players effectively while maintaining some sort of silence. Yelling is contradictory to stealth.

- If you're playing with younger players, the theory "you can't push a rope" comes into play. If you want to move your team, you'll have to play the "point" (front) position and try to lead players accordingly.

- If you're hiding, or "defending", it's best to work in pairs. Your partner doesn't necessarily have to be next to you, per say, but should be in a spot advantageous to you should you need to ambush a player or need to escape. A partner provides you cover fire, distraction, and a second vantage point against OPFOR.

- If you're solo and hiding, expand your movement area within cover so you appear to be more than one player. This intimidates all but the hardened OPFOR and allows you to buy time until some sort of backup can arrive and engage. If you're SOL, then take cover, fire, and move. If you stand still for far too long, you're bound to be overtaken.

- Awareness is everything. Stay frosty and maintain a controlled breath (this gets difficult especially after a sprint). Keeping a clear mind allows you to be more aware of your surroundings. Never tunnel your vision and engage only one player. Engage an area, because chances are that there's another player looking for an angle.

-Take the time to know your gun. Learn to predict the ball path of your shots. Of course, bad paint just makes this a pain.

And here's a quick tip on speedball.

- Angles are everything in speedball. Learn to exploit the angles of your field. Paintballs aren't homing, so snap, shoot, and duck back in. Don't take the time to watch your shots (you should know where they're going, anyway.) Learn your preference in position (back, mid or front) and adjust your tactics and loadout (pods, gun weight) accordingly.

Quote by wemonir
dude, whoa
you play too hard

You don't play hard enough.

TS, if you're scared of being shot, don't be. Voluntarily take one to the chest or back and get rid of the shellshock. It only stings for just a minute afterward, and that's it. The most common places you'll be hit are the chest, back, shoulders, forearms, or head.

Check and see if you're playing with a ten foot surrender rule, where if you get within ten feet of a player without them knowing and tell them to surrender, they are required to surrender. This gets rid of those close range shots, which are a little more painful.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Mar 2, 2008,