Page 1 of 3
ok so today my grandpa came to visit my family so he, my dad, my little brother, and myself decided to go out for a nice meal...i am 17 by the way...so the waiter takes our drink orders and my brother and i get soda while my dad and grandpa get beer...when we get our drinks, my dad let me have a tiny sip of his beer just to taste it. after this, the waiter comes back over and asks me if she can "see my ID." i obviously dont have one, so she got the restaurant's manager and muscle to come and they threw my family and i out of the restaurant for this little thing..

am i alone in thinking this was ridiculous or what??
Fender MIM Strat (Red)
Takamine G3S0S
Peavy Backstage

The^
Who

Well... yes that was an overreaction but what you did was illegal, so they have the right to throw you out of their restaurant. I myself wouldn't have thrown you out just for a sip.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I don't know where you are, but in America it's perfectly legal to drink beer if you're beside your parents at any age, even in a bar.
Heh, I live in Wisconsin, so that would've been perfectly legal.
That is pretty redik' though.
Quote by !@#$
I don't know where you are, but in America it's perfectly legal to drink beer if you're beside your parents at any age, even in a bar.

Well... it depends on what state you're in. In Washington, we can drink as long as we are with our parents in our own household and they offer it to us. We can't drink anywhere else though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by !@#$

Truth.
Quote by !@#$

well it's legal if they give it to you, that is.
Quote by !@#$

that depends on what state you are in.

And it may have been an over reaction or maybe the ABC is very strict in your area and they need to do that for their own protection.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
That's pretty damn strict, dude.

I would seriousely say something to someone about that. Cause that's just rediculous.
The.
I know that in the UK it's fully legal to drink from the age of 4 upwards if it's under adult supervision. Infact as long as you don't physically buy it from the bar then it's legal I believe.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

well see what you did there was ILLEGAL.

i mean yeah it sucks that happend, i usually take a sip of my moms cocktail or something but seriously they cant afford to have their resturant shut down because you took a sip of beer ya know?
coming back from a DOWN concert two weeks ago we stopped at a gas station and went in. I got a powerade and my brother got a case of budweiser. we walked up to the register and paid for the powerade, my brother set the beer on the counter and the woman said " im gona need to see your and his ID" referring to me and my brother. Then she wouldnt sale us beer because i was a "minor" and was with him, which is bull **** because im 18. i'm not a minor, im just not old enough to buy alcohol. but any way my brother was like "hes not buying it i am" and she said "it doesnt mater, its a state law blah blah blah". i interupted her talking and told her "thats ****ing stupid". stupid bitch pissed us off. while we were leaving we seen her on the phone so that **** prolly called the cops on us. but it was cool cause we just went to the next town on the way and bought some booze
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
They can get their liquor license taken away for a few days if they allow minors to drink, man.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
That is ridiculous. Where I'm from, it's perfectly legal to drink alcohol with parents permission in a food establishment.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
In my state (IL) if liquor control would have been there the restaraunt owner, waitress, bartender, and your dad would have gone to jail, and you would loose your drivers license until 21. It probably would have been more apropriate for the mananger to ask for you to not drink while in the establishmen.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Trip on something on purpose and then sue them like retards are doing these days.
Quote by telemonster
In my state (IL) if liquor control would have been there the restaraunt owner, waitress, bartender, and your dad would have gone to jail, and you would loose your drivers license until 21. It probably would have been more apropriate for the mananger to ask for you to not drink while in the establishmen.

Plus, I don't know how many of you people realize it. But it's really fun to kick people out. Nothing gives me more pleasure than kicking people out who drink on the property of the gas station I work at. Or to kick them out for trying to buy alcohol underage with fake IDs. When I see a fake ID, I feel it's in my best interest to confiscate it. And then kick them out. Seriously... Kicking people out is great.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Well... it depends on what state you're in. In Washington, we can drink as long as we are with our parents in our own household and they offer it to us. We can't drink anywhere else though.

so ****ed up america is allowing us to do this, yet we can't do shrooms or acid, and they are way safer than alcohol.
Quote by !@#$
are you reffering to South America??? In connecticut its illegal to even touch alcohol if youre below 21.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Plus, I don't know how many of you people realize it. But it's really fun to kick people out. Nothing gives me more pleasure than kicking people out who drink on the property of the gas station I work at. Or to kick them out for trying to buy alcohol underage with fake IDs. When I see a fake ID, I feel it's in my best interest to confiscate it. And then kick them out. Seriously... Kicking people out is great.
My friend who works at the movie theater loves kicking people out. He tells me if anyone pisses me off to get him and he'll kick them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lpmarshall
so ****ed up america is allowing us to do this, yet we can't do shrooms or acid, and they are way safer than alcohol.

um, right...lol pot is safter than alcohol, but lsd? no way
Quote by Spamwise

physically it is, mentally not so much.

Last.fm
Quote by packsox4
ok so today my grandpa came to visit my family so he, my dad, my little brother, and myself decided to go out for a nice meal...i am 17 by the way...so the waiter takes our drink orders and my brother and i get soda while my dad and grandpa get beer...when we get our drinks, my dad let me have a tiny sip of his beer just to taste it. after this, the waiter comes back over and asks me if she can "see my ID." i obviously dont have one, so she got the restaurant's manager and muscle to come and they threw my family and i out of the restaurant for this little thing..

am i alone in thinking this was ridiculous or what??
No, you're not the only one to think that's ridiculous. I do, too.

It's ridiculous to put a restaurant in legal jeopardy, so you can have a sip of beer.

It's ridiculous that they had to bring "muscle" throw your family out.

It's ridiculous that you didn't just leave quietly.

It's ridiculous that you don't realize how damned lucky you are.

It's ridiculous that you don't know your dad could have spent time IN JAIL, if the manager had called the police.

It's ridiculous to think that someone completely stupid can still breathe.

... yet there you are.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Spamwise

Actually yes, 'Sid has pretty much no adverse physical effects. And any lasting mental problems are only brought fourth by it (AKA, if you get schizophrenia from taking lsd, you were gonna get it anyway, but the 'Sid made it manifest itself sooner.)
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
are you reffering to South America??? In connecticut its illegal to even touch alcohol if youre below 21.

Not really, you can drink in CT under age with parental permission. This I know for a fact due to a small run in with the cops
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Even one sip means legal liability for the restaurant. I can see why they kicked you out but it's still a dick move.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by element4433
My friend who works at the movie theater loves kicking people out. He tells me if anyone pisses me off to get him and he'll kick them.

It's seriously the only redeeming quality to being stuck on over nights for half the week, aside from the fact that I can get away with being on the internet all night..

On weekends, you can kick people out for all kinds of awesome stuff. And you can get some people arrested, especially if they think it's okay to try to steal stuff because you won't sell them alcohol after 1:30. Not too long ago these two guys stole two bottles of Jager, and stuck around to talk to people long enough for me to check the cameras. We told them we saw what they did, and to give it back so we don't have to call the police. After getting the alcohol back, we called the police anyway. One of them had a warrant out for his arrest, and the other was on parole. HAHAHA.

Is there anything I won't do for my jollies?
Quote by vintage x metal

thats lame.. its one sip. last time i checked drinking a sip of beer didnt harm anyone. i hate stupid booze laws they make zero sense. alcohol isnt the boogeyman and theres no need to treat it that way. responsible drinking is something that parents should be allowed to teach their children.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by zekk
Actually yes, 'Sid has pretty much no adverse physical effects. And any lasting mental problems are only brought fourth by it (AKA, if you get schizophrenia from taking lsd, you were gonna get it anyway, but the 'Sid made it manifest itself sooner.)

Thats not quite true, bad LSD experiences can cause PTSD.

Last.fm
I'm 14 and I don't usually drink but my dad will occasionally have a beer with me cause hes cool like that. At restaurants I obviously don't drink but I usually taste the wine or beer to see if its any good. Never had any trouble.
That is sort of ridiculous man but you really shouldnt do that in the restraunt. Ridiculious but ****ing rules man.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Page 1 of 3