I need an amp that will go greatly with a stratocaster and handle clean and dirty tones. Under $800.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
fender hot rod deluxe, perfect amp, best amp you can get for that price and covers everything u want.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
The JCM900 has good cleans and good drive, but isn't great at either.

Do you want them both to be mediocre, or do you want either clean or gain to stand out above the other?
High as tits
i agree with the hot rod suggestions but i'd definitely an OD pedal with it. unfortunately the hot rod went from 600 bucks to 700 bucks recently
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
you could also take a look at the vox ac15. nice cleans, but i'd recommend gettin an OD pedal along with it
- fender american stratocaster (w/ fender '69 custom shop pickups)
- vox ac15
- dunlop crybaby 535q
- ibanez TS808 tubescreamer
the JCM 800 is a pretty good all around amp. Distortion is better than cleans but cleans aren't bad.

The fender Blues deluxe is a great amp but you will need a good overdrive pedal (or 2) to be able to get anything more than a blues overdrive tone.
Not taking any online orders.
You might also wanna look into smaller amps like the Fender Blues Junior, especially if you're not going to gig.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
blues junior, classic 30. depends on how loud you need it
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by The red Strat.
traynor YCV40 - 50 or a YCS50.

X2 Although i'd check out the Traynor YCV50 blue it's more vintage voiced than the 40. They are gorgeous amps though, great fender-y cleans with marshall-y overdrive. I don't think there's a better amp out there for the price
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
X2 Although i'd check out the Traynor YCV50 blue it's more vintage voiced than the 40. They are gorgeous amps though, great fender-y cleans with marshall-y overdrive. I don't think there's a better amp out there for the price

Great amps. I recommend them all the time. Can't fault them here.

But I have an American Deluxe Strat, and I know how much it loves My AC30 for a full range of tones. With $800, I'd suggest looking for a used AC30 first.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Great amps. I recommend them all the time. Can't fault them here.

But I have an American Deluxe Strat, and I know how much it loves My AC30 for a full range of tones. With $800, I'd suggest looking for a used AC30 first.

Also a great option, the AC30 goes great with a strat, i really think it's perfect for blues and even at low volumes i find it great. Not sure how easily you'd pick one up in your price range over there but have a look around anyway
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Hot Rod Deluxe

$350-400 on craigslist....all day long. 2nd channel is worthless, but a TS or Bad monnkey, will fix that, and a pedal like Metal Zone, will get every tone you will ever need.

I just figured out afrter almost 20 years of playing that runing the OD pedal with no gain in conjunction with the metal zone, produces the best tones. I always keep my bad monkey on now, and now I really love my hot rod.

Unless you have a really discriminating ear, Hot Rod is best bang for the buck..I think the reason is the Guitar Center carries this amp, and its prety much the cheapest tube amp they carry.....so everyone that wants their 1st tube amp, buys this......and then figues out they want to play metal only.....and tries to sell it. I know thats what I did......then I found this forum, and figured out how to make the Hot Rod sounds great.