I am looking for a amp for my room..My Krank stays downstairs since i take it to my drummers a lot. So i was thinking the Blackheart LG. I'm only looking to play cleans, blues and some classic rock stuff. So is that the best in the $250 range?
if its an amp in your room, then yeah, it'll do fine. I have a classic 30 I use for gigs and practice, and its nice too, but you probably dont need that much power... + I paid like $100 more for it than the blackheart
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
yes, a blackheart would work.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Look on Craigslist. I've seen so many amps on there and plenty of them at your price range. If you want a clean sound Fender is the way to go. it sounds so nice.
I'd be looking for a second hand 15W combo.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Why a 15w if it'll just be for his room? He has a higher powered amp he takes to the drummer already
^ Because there's not a great deal of difference at home between a 5W amp and a 15W amp. But the 15W amp gives you the flexibility to take it with you for jams or small gigs. Maybe you just wanna skip out of the house and jam with friends... ? That Krank might be a PITA for that sort of thing, while a little Palomino V16 is easy to carry and up for the task.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Good point slats, but I dont think the second hand thing would work since i have a gift card to MF for $250 so i dont want to go to far over.

These are my top 3 picks

Blackheart Little giant -

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078

Cube 30

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

or V8

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V8-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487825

Or maybe the Valvetronix?
I'd give serious consideration to kicking in an extra $100 and getting the V16.

After that, the Palomino V8 is more of a known quantity to me, so that would be my second choice. Roland Cube, Peavey Bandit, or Fender Super/Vibro Champ XD might all be worth looking into, too. What kind of sound are you looking for?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Not anything to Heavy, just mostly to mess around with upstairs. I'm tired of just playing Metal so Ive playing a lot of Cleans, Classic rock, Blues stuff like that.
Quote by slatsmania
^ Because there's not a great deal of difference at home between a 5W amp and a 15W amp. But the 15W amp gives you the flexibility to take it with you for jams or small gigs. Maybe you just wanna skip out of the house and jam with friends... ? That Krank might be a PITA for that sort of thing, while a little Palomino V16 is easy to carry and up for the task.

Seriously? Their loudness are the same?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
The V16 is louder. It's just that the V8 isn't exactly not loud. People looking for tube tone at low volumes have to understand that 5W is still going to be pretty loud. Too loud to crank in an apartment, or late at night.

Both amps have master volumes, so you can get similar tones out of them by cranking down on them. But the V16 gives you the added power needed for jams or gigs in a pinch.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^But with the v8 you can crank it easier while not getting to loud, right? Because the v16 was so loud at volume 1 in guitar center.

And how well can they take pedal? The v8 have a line out which i heard can be a fx loop, but v16 only the input jack.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
If you want an amp for your room I would suggest you chack into the Epiphone Firefly30 DSP. It is tube and has the effects if you want to use them and you can get the Amp new for around $200.00
Quote by jimmy666page666
Ok these 3 are my picks

-Blackheart
-V8
-Cube 30

So i need some suggestions.

If you got some pedals you want to use, i think a tube is a good decision, so the ss should be out of the question. So as i ask above, do the v8 take pedal well, or the blackheart?

Edit: dude the blackheart is 50 lbs all together thats so heavey dang The v8 is only 18 . So if weight matters, that's something to consider
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by angeldef
^But with the v8 you can crank it easier while not getting to loud, right? Because the v16 was so loud at volume 1 in guitar center.

Not really. That's what I'm saying. If you're interested in the V8 because you think you can get power amp overdrive out of it at low volumes, you're going to be disappointed.

With the master, you can get decent preamp OD out of both amps at low volumes.

I don't know what you're going on about with the FX loop. These amps don't have one, and I'm not familiar with any mods or tricks to turn the line in into one. What kind of pedals are you interested in running? Regardless, I think you'll be pretty happy with the way these amps respond to them.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^maybe a tubescreamer or if i want a lot of effects, my GT-8 lol
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by SouthpawJoe
If you want an amp for your room I would suggest you chack into the Epiphone Firefly30 DSP. It is tube and has the effects if you want to use them and you can get the Amp new for around $200.00

No it's not.

Quote by angeldef
If you got some pedals you want to use, i think a tube is a good decision, so the ss should be out of the question. So as i ask above, do the v8 take pedal well, or the blackheart?

Both amps are Crate products, I'd expect similar results.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Originally Posted by angeldef

I agree 100%. I just bought the Crate Blackheart 5W Tube Amp today... it sounds Amazing with a distortion pedal run through it - way better than a small SS can achieve.
ESP EC-1000
Schecter Demon
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez SZ720FM
Fender Standard Strat
BC Rich MM Warlock
Jay Turser JTB-445
Takamine Jasmine C33
Crate Blackheart 5W
Traynor T10/B
Metal Muff
so slats, in a fight between the palomino v8 and blackheart little giant, youd pick the v16? Is the tone that much better that i should save up another $100 for a couple months and get it?

As u can see, i've been unable to choose too (for a while now)
^ If you have any desire to jam or gig with a band, getting the bigger amp just makes a lot of sense.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.