I really need some help
I have FAB chorus pedal and its not working
I can play through it and the light comes on
how can i fix it
Help!!!
i think i might break down and get a boss, i will have it forever.
what are some other good brands

Is their nothing you know to check for on my fab?
Last edited by lukewhiteside at Mar 2, 2008,
Sorry, forum wasn't working for me for a while...
Here is the run down on what happens when a see if i can fix a pedal...

1) Check the obvious- connections and power
2) Opener up and see whats inside
3) Smell the inside and see if it smells like burnt electronics (a bad sign)
4) Get a flashlight and look everything over and see if i can see something that is burnt out
5) Get out the multimeter and test everything
6) Find the broken part and look it up to see what model number or part it is and the price
7) If its more then the pedal is worth, then more then likely chalk up the idea of fixing it and buy a new one.
8) If your tech is doing this for you, then you just spent about $20-$30 bucks just on the diagnostics part and a dime hasn't even been spent fixing the pedal. Thats were the hourly wage comes in and price for parts.

Now the part you need to remember when asking questions. Don't just get online and say hey this is broke whats wrong with it. Not even a Miss Cleo herself has that ability... And more so know that fixing something under $20 bucks is pretty much a lost cause.

And to answer your questions. Pretty much anything by Boss is really reliable. Not 100% perfect but generally there worth what you pay for them. So the choices you made are good ones..

Hope that helps...
thanks ill thy some of those

i was also thinking of getting a boss flanger (top link)
So my question is : is their a big difference between the older ones and the newer ones as far as sound goes
Yeah there is, the older ones are generally seen as better sounding. Also, if you're not a fan of it, they appreciate in value so you're good to sell them.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
Yeah there is, the older ones are generally seen as better sounding. Also, if you're not a fan of it, they appreciate in value so you're good to sell them.

+1 Always get Made in Japan if you can...

Better parts better sound.... more reliability...
Yeah, true.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr