So I've got a new high gain head coming hopefully monday, I need a cab just for beating around the house right now, in the past I had a cab with g12-75's and that was nice, I just want something cheap now.

My options are either a behringer or fender cab for 200 used 4x12 (in canada)

Or a Yorkville (traynor) 2x12 for 200 with eminence legend speakers

This will not be used for gigging, ill resell once i get back in a band situation. Whats my best bet for now? Thanks fellas
Traynor! Hands down.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
problem is, its a 120watt valve head. I think from researching the traynors they are only 40 or 50w cabinets. Assuming ill be in the house the volume wont be going higher then 2, can it be done?
ah I know what head it is and I pesronally realy want to try it out becouse I have heard great things but I won't tell becouse then other people would say it sucks and spam even though it looks good
one traynor for 250 the guy offered me is 80watts? any better, I read that if the volume is going to be kept low on the head it shouldnt damage the cab if its fairly close?
Quote by d_byrne23
one traynor for 250 the guy offered me is 80watts? any better, I read that if the volume is going to be kept low on the head it shouldnt damage the cab if its fairly close?

Hmm, I'd think you'd be fine, it wouldn't be pushing all 120W with the volume only at 2. I'd check what speakers are in it for sure though, Legends come in a lot of different wattages.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yeah it's a bugera, it is what it is..No its not better then a amp 3 times its price. I just finished a gig where I filled in using a diezel einstein and there is obv no comparison and there shouldnt be. But I had the option to get a used 5150 for 700 or the bugera for less and I chose the bugera. To each his own.
Yep I knew it. I know it won't be a Marshall JCM2000 or an Orange rocker 50 but I have heard that they have better cleans then a 5150 and the distortion is the same so for $1500 cheaper then a JCM or Rocker I want to check it out and who woudn't want a amp that is pretty much a 5150 for $500
on the cab I would suggest a marshall or orange 2x12 they can do the job and sound great.
A 4x12 is not necisary and people saying it won't spread sound as well. With 120 tube watts I think the destribution of sound won't be a problem
Now that I actualy red your post I would say the traynor I have an epiphone thats right epiphone cab (to each his own) with eminance speakers and it sounds amazing.
if you actually use the full 80w that the traynor has to offer and your close by you wont be able to hear afterwords.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100