I have active EMG 81 and 85 in my RGT6EXFX (came stock), I'm looking to upgrade to a set of more versatile pickups. What do you guys suggest? Here is a link to my guitar.
i think an x2n in the bridge is koo and something like a breed or evolution in the neck would be nice......
blackouts would be awesome, they handle high gain well, but they also handle cleans very well, and everything in between.
Those are good but they'll be very similar to what you've already had

A duncan full shred in the bridge would be nice, maybe an air norton in the neck.

That would be a really versatile combo
Quote by Silky Smooth
Those are good but they'll be very similar to what you've already had

A duncan full shred in the bridge would be nice, maybe an air norton in the neck.

That would be a really versatile combo

Is that the actual name of the pickups? "Full shred" and "Air norton"? Are they both Duncan brands?
The air norton is a Dimarzio and the full shred is a Duncan

It's a great combo man really compliment each other
Also, you could try the EMG 60 in the neck, the cleans are beautiful and it handles distortion very well.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
are the air norton and the full shred active pickups? if they aren't will they conflict with my guitar's setup?
Quote by BOBThaBuilda
I have active EMG 81 and 85 in my RGT6EXFX (came stock), I'm looking to upgrade to a set of more versatile pickups. What do you guys suggest? Here is a link to my guitar.

If you want versatile then arguably you don't want actives at all.

Dimarzio Norton bridge, Paf Pro or Breed neck is probably about as versatile as you can get.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Theyre' all Dimarzios - they're passives but that doesn't make much difference, you'll just have to switch the pots for 500k ones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

sorry for asking another dumb question, but what is a pot? i'm guessing the area around the PU's that have screws in them?
also, i'm looking at the GC website, and there are two norton choices, dp193 air norton, or dp160 norton bridge, which one am i looking for?
Quote by BOBThaBuilda
sorry for asking another dumb question, but what is a pot? i'm guessing the area around the PU's that have screws in them?

they're the round things that you turn to adjust your tone or volume

you'll have to swap them out ( your tone pots) because you'll have too little treble otherwise (because i'm guessing you have 250k tone pots now, and the higher the value, the more treble you get).
Last edited by The red Strat. at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by BOBThaBuilda
also, i'm looking at the GC website, and there are two norton choices, dp193 air norton, or dp160 norton bridge, which one am i looking for?

Just the plain old Norton
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

if you want a similar sort of high gain sound but with a bit more versatility, try a set of Bareknuckle Nailbombs.

if you just want just more versatility, a set of Bareknuckle Rebel Yells

you can probably see where i'm going with this
Quote by steven seagull
Just the plain old Norton

ok well thanks for your advice. i think i'm going to go with the PAF pro neck and norton bridge after doing some research. all the reviews i read say that the breed is darker than the PAF and the PAF is nice and clear and sharp.
dimarzio or seymour duncan
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.