i want to get an american strat and both of these are made in america. whats the dif between the two??? i want three tone sunburst with maple fretboard which both series offer. what is in the MIA strat that is worth 250 more?
Last edited by culkid at Mar 2, 2008,
if anything frets i know its built better than my mad in mexico strat
Quote by culkid
i want to get an american strat and both of these are made in america. whats the dif between the two??? i want three tone sunburst with maple fretboard which both series offer. what is in the MIA strat that is worth 250 more?

Step 1: Open up a new window in your browser
Step 2: Go to www.fender.com
Step 3: Go to the models you're curious about
Step 4: Click 'specs'
Step 5: Compare
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Highway one

Built just as well and you save some bucks, plus you gotta love the big headstock
my dad has the cherry finish

i like it a lot just the bridge pickup doesnt fit my van halen taste

im gonna talk him into buying a hotrail for it
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by culkid
i do love the big headstocks.

Get it man

Out of all the strats I tried those things feel the best, they feel and play like a true quality instrument unlike most of the mim's.
Quote by culkid
if anything frets i know its built better than my mad in mexico strat

yeah the MIA would feel better i think. my uncle has one that i play alot, and it feels solid as a rock and the neck is incredibly comfortable, but i think it would be similar with all strats.
^ na of course it wouldnt be all the same. just like made in mexico strats and all guitars in general, some guitars are amazing sounding and u could find the same exact one right next to it and that one could sound like crap
I would go for the MIA. Mine plays like a dream.

BTW since when did they stop the S-1 switching on the American Standard? Mine is a 2004 and has that, its one of my favorite features.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Silky Smooth
Highway one

Built just as well and you save some bucks, plus you gotta love the big headstock

X2, I played one not that long ago. The pickups sounded good (bright but controllable) and I loved the neck.
Yeah man it's a great deal

If you get one from GC you can haggle the price down quite alot

Just make sure it's a floor model or one hanging up, they'll knock ALOT of the price off.