Well, looking at bugera amps (which peavey 5150s have been recommended to me instead, those seem to sound great in clips too)... i could go with a combo or stack.

The combo is one piece and its cheaper.

But, its more expensive if i go with the head/cab route; this way though i have more versatility with the two pieces, speakers, and cab wood/builds.

I guess i could still swap out speakers in a combo, but wouldnt it just... not be the same then, as say a vader cab (though however well those handle cleans?)

Also... cleans and headroom?

This would be going through a prestige ibanez rg2570e
Well, to me, the real advantage/limitation with going with a head is that not all amps are available in a combo form. If I wanted a certain tone, but it was only available in a head, then I'd have to go with that.

There's really no difference between combos and stacks, in terms of cleans and headroom, other than there would be more low end in a 4x12 than a combo.

Here's something a bit more practical: Transportation. I would never get a 4x12 for myself, as it would never fit in my car.

last...wouldn't the Ibby be going through the Bugera?
Erm yeh haha

But like;
Even a head + 2x12 cab... It seems id have more versatility, plus some people say those bugera speakers suck.

I dont know. its not mind blowing, but my bandmates really want me to get it.
So. i dont know. it IS a good deal; $540 for a 6262 combo, and studica is the only site ive seen with a 550 price, the rest are jacked up to 650.

Park Ave electronics has one for 400, but from what ive seen they are NOT reliable
Ive tried the head + cab, not the combo.

Im also tossing up between the 333xl. The other guitarist (whose opinion i trust; he knows his stuff) likes the 6262 definitely; with the same eq he said, it was muddier.

Idk.
Hm.
I dont wanna rush to decisions. Then again, i suck at making them.
I finally listened to em and got this guitar i have now, and i do like it!
But... the bad rep of the whole bugera thing. i dont know ahh
And the peavey recommendations yet i havent tried one out yet, not many in my area in shops at all
ive already taken my guitar (which they tried to sell me yet i bought from the internet) 3 times >_<

I should though, its all boxed up and i wonder if they could get it out for me. Maybe the jerk manager of whom ive tried 2 of those 3 times with him there.

Hm. Itd be that much of a noticeable difference? I dont know, though...
They arent trying to pressure me, but still. Its not mind blowing, then again i cant afford a dream rig or something as a college kid!
The 5150 combo is different than the head. Biased differently and voiced differently. It also has reverb where the head does not.
Jackson RR5 Rhoads
ESP Viper 400
Epiphone Les Paul EMGs (81/85)
Edwards E-CY-165CTM
FJA Modded ENGL Powerball Halfstack
Framus Cobra + Avatar 4x12 Greenbacks
Its not so much volume; just versatility later on when i have more cash to spend on another cab or speakers.

Then theres always the 5150 vs bugera

You know, the band doesnt gig yet so i dont NEED one. we havent gotten to practice a lot, lot lately so... i dont know.