I'd like to know exactly how I should use my teeth to pic and shred and stuff. I'm just wondering if there is a specific way to do it. I've tried it, but I'm not sure how to. How do you guys do it??
Stand out in the cold for a while until you start shivering, then your jaw will move fast.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
Stand out in the cold for a while until you start shivering, then your jaw will move fast.

+1

Quote by peever
right hand just not cutting it for you
?

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Why teeth? There's like 3 or 4 more impressive body parts one could use. im sticking with my fingers though (like my girlfriend told me to).
Quote by plucky duck
Why teeth? There's like 3 or 4 more impressive body parts one could use. im sticking with my fingers though (like my girlfriend told me to).

lol omg my gf likes it when i play the CLITar rofl
Now lets be serious, guys. He is obviously way beyond the skill it takes to shred the traditional way. He cannot possibly improve anymore in that style, simply because he has completely mastered it. Besides, shredding with your right hand is just out of style anyways.

Now, to being practicing this method you must start with the basics. Lay your guitar on an object and 3-4 feet high, flat on its back(your bed maybe). Get down on your knees, and draw your head back as far as you can without losing balance. Now, with as much force as you can, slam your face onto your guitar(where you would normally pick). It is important that you keep your mouth open as wide as possible, to allow maximum exposure to your teeth. Repeat this as many times you can before you pass out, or begin bleeding excessively. Report back when you have learned your lesson.
Quote by Hezix
Now lets be serious, guys. He is obviously way beyond the skill it takes to shred the traditional way. He cannot possibly improve anymore in that style, simply because he has completely mastered it. Besides, shredding with your right hand is just out of style anyways.

Now, to being practicing this method you must start with the basics. Lay your guitar on an object and 3-4 feet high, flat on its back(your bed maybe). Get down on your knees, and draw your head back as far as you can without losing balance. Now, with as much force as you can, slam your face onto your guitar(where you would normally pick). It is important that you keep your mouth open as wide as possible, to allow maximum exposure to your teeth. Repeat this as many times you can before you pass out, or begin bleeding excessively. Report back when you have learned your lesson.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Quote by Hezix

Don't play with your teeth. If you want to show off to people who don't play, do some tapping. Even if it's something really simple they'll still think you're amazing.
Quote by Rapeel
Here's a lesson by Paul Gilbert on how he shreds with his teeth. This is THE technique and the only valid one out there as of today.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DPfhjEmRVUM

"Press this button"

OMGZ he is awesum!!! He sweep picks with his teeth, live and on the spot perfectz!!!! He should be in GH4!!!
Quote by Hezix
"Press this button"

OMGZ he is awesum!!! He sweep picks with his teeth, live and on the spot perfectz!!!! He should be in GH4!!!

That is actually fake:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7_Z-POc1J-w

at the end of that video he starts sweeping with his ass and explains it.

He can pick with his teeth though,

In this video, Paul and Bruce (the other guitarist) play the solo to Detroit Rock city with their teeth, in harmony:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=89fvxO0Csz4
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I know it was fake. I was mocking anybody who would think it was real. I mean come on, he says "press this button." How obvious can it get?
i am not sure if its fake
i remeber my old teacher could do some of teethplaying
and he did withouth an amp so no loop trick there
EDIT: it actually fake o just saw the other video
but my teacher could do some awesome stuff with his teeths
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Mar 2, 2008,
Extract them with pliers then make picks out of them.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
just make it lood like your using your teeth and just do a bunch of finger things, hammer ons and pull offs and just pick with a tooth once in a while
Most people who look like they're playing with their mouth are actually just holding the guitar in front of their face and using all hammer-ons and pull-offs.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Hezix

Well the best way to do it, as you'll obviously be doing it for appearance over practicality, is using a lot of legato and only picking the first note of a "Line", I do it the odd time and it gets a lot of impressed people, but holding the guitar AND playing may hurt your hand a lil'.
Though it seems the very best way (though it's slightly cheating) would be the looper trick.
I much prefer behind the head to be honest.

Another thing that gets people is if you play an open string (I use the low E, easier) then get your tongue, and do a tapped harmonic, I may experiment with some melodies or somethign with my tongue harmonics, as long as you tap it hard enough.

My friend (who yes, is a guitarist too) on the Paul Gilbert "Ass arpeggio":
Jess... says:
**** was he really doing that with his ass?
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Mar 3, 2008,