Hi.
thomasoman recently posted a metalcore song ( https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793291 ) , and I decided to have a little bit of fun with it, taking on some of the riffs in how I'd spin them.
It's yet still a rough take with some effort lacking, no transitions, and some of his good riffs are missing, but it was just a 30-min deal anyway, intended to give him some inspiration.

I had so much fun playing this that I decided to dust off some tape and record it quickly.

Link to the mp3-version:
(can also stream instantly, so you don't have to download anything)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/8342308a5771c0/

---
and thanks again thomasoman for the starter tab. If you might finish it up sometime it can be a great song!
Attachments:
riffig874thomasoman.zip
i think your over using those dissonant notes just a bit to much

but overall nice remix

cant wati to see what he does with it
thanks
the recording was a really quick setup, microphone in front of the amp, record in cubase. Bass and Drums are midi fed into a sampler. No polishing besides a little eq on the master (although I have no proper monitoring-speakers, so the sound is probably way off-base anyway).

There is indeed an overabundance of dissonant accents in the chug-parts. I probably wanted to break away from the standart melodic metalcore riffage and spice things up a bit.
At least I hope it sounds like the dissonance is on purpose, not like that I didn't knew what I was doing ^^

edit: In Flames ? Kamelot ?? you are a strange bunch
Quote by Ailes
thanks
There is indeed an overabundance of dissonant accents in the chug-parts. I probably wanted to break away from the standart melodic metalcore riffage and spice things up a bit.
At least I hope it sounds like the dissonance is on purpose, not like that I didn't knew what I was doing ^^

it definatley sounds on purpose

its just overbearing the amount of them

mabey change em up a bit

[and did you get the post about trying this on one of mine?]
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
"mabey change em up a bit"

That may be good, yes. However I'm pretty much done with this, as it was a non-serious quick mockup to give thomasoman some inspiration. It's his job now again ^^
I just posted my take for the enjoyment of the forums.

"and did you get the post about trying this on one of mine?"

I can try, of course. Just direct me to the stuff you'd like me to look into. Can't promise much though, but oftentimes songs just need a slight tweak to shine anyway.
ahh yes

basically
anything ive got you can change up, i really dont care
but the main this would probably be
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13083954#post13083954
that should be really easy as teh verses are almost juuxtaposed into there and cna be taken out with relative ease

you seem to have a great way with music, so you could probably make anything of mine so much better
As I said, this is ****ing amazing and I'm quite honored to have a composer of your caliber to throw inspiration at me XD

I threw in the first half of the old breakdown and added a transition. The drums are god awful but I think the rest is pretty decent.
Attachments:
metalcoreeee.zip
I listened to this and the MP3 and I am blown away. THis is badass
Originally Posted by cam_sampbell
What's the spoon position?

Well, you begin with a big wooden spoon and a jar of vaseline...
Its not my style of metalcore at all. But it is still good stuff. I don't really like the amount of dissonant stuff either. Especially in your main breakdown. The ascending breakdown just sounded wrong to me. Anyways good stuff.

Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=974448
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470