Ok, has anyone else realized that their is only 1 7string flying V made, and It's by epiphone.
I find this kind of odd being that 7strings are being used in metal alot, and flying V's are used in metal a lot. Maybe i'm wrong. If so please correct me, because I'm trying to find a 7 string V with a floyd "dream guitar" lol
...ive never heard of a 7-string epi.

Im tempted to say "linkage?" again, but wont. in fear of owning self AGAIN.

I hate you
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
i remember seeing the 7 string epi V. but i'm pretty sure it was a fixed bridge

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
bah.. i dont like it.. too chunkyriffic...

a RR3 7 string would look much cooler imo
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Oh i don't like it too, but that's why i'm asking. I like flying V's but I don't like gibson style V's lol. Which seems to be the only 7 string V out there.
yea i've found 7 strings V's fairly tough to find. i'm betting ESP or BC rich would be your best most available bets.. (without going custom order.)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
ESP, Jackson, etc have made some of them in the past but are rare to see nowadays. I guess when they where released they werent so popular so they where discontinued quickly, however many companies can have them customized for you such as Halo guitars, ESP, RAN guitars, maybe Jackson, some other custom shops. And actually I believe that EdRoman's guitars have some 7 string v's but are expensive 'cause I think they custom aswell. Companies should make more of those, maybe soon, hopefully.
Quote by Kivarenn82
yea i've found 7 strings V's fairly tough to find. i'm betting ESP or BC rich would be your best most available bets.. (without going custom order.)

May sound like a shock, but I've done a massive search on them. Nothing came up. I was quite surprised, Also searched shector or how ever you spell it. Figured thoughs would be the best bets.
custom shops are the only way my friend ive been searching for some time myself
the problem is that there isnt enough demand for 7's for companies to start experimenting

check out esp's custom shop, ran guitars,and halo guitars i cant guarantee a good price
but if you are really determined to get one that seems to be the only way

oh yeah ibanez made a 7 string xiphos but no v
Last edited by MOLAAAK at Mar 2, 2008,
Amfisound have introduced a killer looking V..

Great specs... Hipshot bridge, Lungdren pickups, through neck. looks awesum.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
^ omfg that is a killer guitar. how much does that thing go for?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
^ omfg that is a killer guitar. how much does that thing go for?

a fair bid, as it's a custom. maybe 2k?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by BFun
...ive never heard of a 7-string epi.

Im tempted to say "linkage?" again, but wont. in fear of owning self AGAIN.

I hate you

They also make a Les Paul 7.

I just wish I could get a G-400 7.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by bodomfan666
...pickups...

Surely you mean pickup, not pickups ?
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
KxK got a 7 string V. Don't know the cost, though...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by bodomfan666
Amfisound have introduced a killer looking V..

Great specs... Hipshot bridge, Lungdren pickups, through neck. looks awesum.

Single pup guitars are full of fail...I don't know why anyone would want so few options with regards to tone. Apart from that it looks pretty cool though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Single pup guitars are full of fail...I don't know why anyone would want so few options with regards to tone. Apart from that it looks pretty cool though.

Son, have you ever heard of the Kramer Baretta?

If you have, then reconsider your opinion. Put a coiltap in there and BAM. I also have a jerry-rigged single coil in at the neck. Mind you, I play blues.

If you havent, then consider yourself damn near gear-ignorant.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by binjajer
Son, have you ever heard of the Kramer Baretta?

If you have, then reconsider your opinion. Put a coiltap in there and BAM. I also have a jerry-rigged single coil in at the neck. Mind you, I play blues.

If you havent, then consider yourself damn near gear-ignorant.

No and to be honest having a coil tap doesn't change it enough for me; it still only has the relatively harsh bridge sound and lacks the smooth rounded and yet still full-of-attack tone you can only get from a neck pickup, rolling the tone off on a bridge pup doesn't get anywhere near that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Jackson had a 7 string RR for a while:

Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Wow, pretty interesting ones that I haven't seen, but no floyd on any of them. I'm still pretty surprised on the non-availability of these.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I do agree, it lacks versatility, but if you take out the tone knob, it is as though the tone knob was turned to 12. If you take out the humbucker you wouldn't use, it would give you a better tone to the one you do use.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I do agree, it lacks versatility, but if you take out the tone knob, it is as though the tone knob was turned to 12. If you take out the humbucker you wouldn't use, it would give you a better tone to the one you do use.

*gives me an idea* I'm going to experiment with this on my LP lol.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
OP, you forget all the custom guitar builders...

This is true, but I still bring up the intresting point of it not really existing out there.