I have a bunch of songs written on guitar pro. Is there a way to convert those songs in a more "advanced" music creating program that has better and more realistic sounding tones?
Apart from what Zephyr77 said you can also use emulators, that work with midi, I do that with my band at the moment, since we need keyboards and we don't have any, but that is on Linux, if you are using Windows or Mac, than I don't know whether it would pay you off to buy so much software.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by Zephyr77
you could learn to play them and then record them yourself...

^ Agreed.

I don't know about him, but I'm not trying to be mean or anything....If you write a song but can't play it....what's the point...?
Maybe he doesn't have the money to by good quality mics and recording equipment. Also, if he is a guitarist, what about the drums? Bass, even?
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~
^ Agreed.

I don't know about him, but I'm not trying to be mean or anything....If you write a song but can't play it....what's the point...?

it is a bit useless but its common enough for people who cant sing to write songs (lyrics)
best signature ever
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~

well...orchestration comes to mind.

Guitar you're going to have a problem with. Synth has not caught up to the guitar yet. Which is...very good for us. Bass and drums are another matter. Reason has the best drum samples with Fruity Loops the popular budget choice. FL has okay bass too. Finale is great for everything(except distorted guitar) but mucho dinero. But still, if you want to write stuff beyond guitar/bass/drums the sampling and human-playback engine is AMAZING on the latest releases. I've never heard tougher stuff like the clarinet sound so good.

But I can say that on a budget, I've heard some really inspired stuff backed by Fruity Loops. And yes, the guitar you're gonna have to record yourself unfortunately. But they're a bunch of solutions under $100 that get the job done.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
do you have RSE for Guitar Pro???
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Zephyr77
you could learn to play them and then record them yourself...

haha +1
garage band
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal