Page 1 of 3
Well my question to you UG is who is your favorite Australian artists/bands. I believe Australia has an amazing music scene. Gotye, Cog and The paper and the planes (who i'm sure nobody has heard are all amazing.

has no signature.
^

What's the Adelaide music scene like? Name some bands that are must see please

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by samlocke14
parkway drive

+1
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
You Am I>Every other Australian band
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Quote by samlocke14
parkway drive

+1

also check out COG, Gyroscope and division of slade
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
The Living End.

WAY more talented than all the **** that's on the radio now. The guitarist (Chris Cheney) can actually make a proper guitar solo and now he's planning to make a signature guitar with Gretsch.
the cat empire? they're australian aren't they? could be wrong..
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Kangaroo Jack is an amazing rapper.

Just wait till that marsupial starts bustin' out dem lyrics.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I dont know about austrailia but im pretty sure thats from down under.....^
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Ibanez_edge is *reported*
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Gyroscope, John Butler Trio, Karnivool, Birds Of Tokyo, The Living End, Parkway, IKTPQ, Carpathian...... I'm sure there are more.
I'd say Perth (believe it or not) has the best music scene.

John Butler, The Panics (<3), Eskimo Joe, Gyroscope, Little Birdy... uh... heaps more.

Personal favs (apart from a few of the above) would be The Beautiful Girls, Powderfinger, Silverchair (old), The Cat Empire, Something for Kate, Living End, Spiderbait....

Can't really think right now...

Tune into triple J on their website if you're not in Australia.
If they still stream that weeks broadcast, then check out Home & Hosed. (Aussie dedicated show)
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Most of the ones that have been said. Karnivool, Birds Of Tokyo, COG, Grinspoon, John Butler Trio, Powder Finger, Silverchair, The Beautiful Girls, Mammal, Pete Murray.
JBT and The Living End are great.They prove wrong to all the etlists that reckon that mainstream artists have no talent.I've also started listening to Parkway a bit.
i like john butler trio, and parkway drive..

in my opinion silverchair's old stuff is way better than their new, powderfinger's new stuff goes alright tho...
In before ACDC.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Black Asylum, Dred, Murderworld, Black Majesty, Lord, The Berzerker, Destroyer 666, Sabretung, Chaos Divine...

Aussie metal FTW!

John Butler Trio, ACDC obviously, and Karnivool are pretty damn awesome as well.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 2, 2008,
Wow i didn't know any one would have heard of karnivool. Any one heard there cover of gotye? It's bloody good.

has no signature.
The Living End.

In Adelaide, there are metal bands like Skintilla, folk rock bands like The Beards, and funky bands like Grübenstyle.

All good local bands.

Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Powder monkeys rock.
So does bored and warped.
All Geelong bands.
Let me know if you have heard of these bands!
Noctis are a smallish band I really like from WA. The Living End are great also. And 10 Park Invention

if you like emo and hardcore australia has a great music scene... i dont like emo or hardcore =[

Other than that there is a few metal bands here and there but they aren't anything special.

AC/DC cover bands, plenty of those. lol, you get the point.
Quote by TreeFiddy
I'd say Perth (believe it or not) has the best music scene.

John Butler, The Panics (<3), Eskimo Joe, Gyroscope, Little Birdy... uh... heaps more.

Personal favs (apart from a few of the above) would be The Beautiful Girls, Powderfinger, Silverchair (old), The Cat Empire, Something for Kate, Living End, Spiderbait....

Can't really think right now...

Tune into triple J on their website if you're not in Australia.
If they still stream that weeks broadcast, then check out Home & Hosed. (Aussie dedicated show)

I'd rather listen to Full Metal Racket on Triple J

Perth's pretty good for alternative-pop-rock (My cousin is Eskimo Joe's guitar player ) but there isn't all that much in the way of metal. Heaps of good international metal acts have come through recently though.

Adelaide has a huge metalcore thing going, not really my thing though. Vanishing Point are a good power metal band that opened for Iron Maiden in Perth, they're from Melbourne.
Parkway drive =)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Jackolas
That new band Airbourne.

Don't you mean that AC/DC cover band?

Parkway Drive is overrated

Jeff Lang, The Waifs, Cat Empire, Living End, JBT, Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Easybeats, Blue King Brown, Pete Murray

There'sa lot of amazing Aussie artists
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
cat empire, living end, wolfmother, AC/DC, john butler/john butler trio, and most importantly, TOMMY EMMANUEL. I'm not turning this into a flame war, and im not going to argue with you, but imo, he's the best.
Quote by fretsonfire74
cat empire, living end, wolfmother, AC/DC, john butler/john butler trio, and most importantly, TOMMY EMMANUEL. I'm not turning this into a flame war, and im not going to argue with you, but imo, he's the best.

i forgot Tommy, ****

and what about Phil Emmanuel? he's freakishly good too

Mojo Webb also springs to mind as well, awesome guitarist
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Page 1 of 3