yeah hes using a good few effects hes deff using a phaser at one point to get that milky swirly noise couldnt tell yopu about his standard sound tho
1972 Telecaster Custom (My Baby)
ugh not that vid again he's using ****loads of pedals to achieve that sound... noone knows what pedals except its a big ol' bunch of em
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Phaser, pitch shifter (probably a Whammy), and a wah.

Sounds like there may be some tremelo and a rotary effect too.

Edit: He's been using the 'Dining at McDonald's' pedal excessively too.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 2, 2008,
A little bit of Distortion, Speaker rotary I think, Compressor, Phaser, Digitech Whammy, either a wah or envelope opener, and of course the tremelo wank at the end.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Am I the only one not impressed with that crap ass video? I'm a huge Buckethead fan, so I guess stuff like that doesn't really look that great to me. Bucket is a God among insects. End.
Quote by thefunnelweaver
Am I the only one not impressed with that crap ass video? I'm a huge Buckethead fan, so I guess stuff like that doesn't really look that great to me. Bucket is a God among insects. End.

Yeah, that fat kid in the video was irritating as hell, and what he played was pretty boring.. but we're trying to help the threadstarter.
Quote by toine
i saw a amazing video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_sFE52cKw

but i want to know what effect he is using in this song. octave pedal? or maybe more effect?
can anyone help me

That my friend is a flanger check out an ADA if you could find one, simply the best Flanger out there.
Quote by thefunnelweaver

Well i'm not too big a fan of Buckethead (in fact I love shred but only a few people in the genre hold my attention) but that video is deffinately not cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2BOApUvFpw&feature=related

This guy is pretty entertaining though
Quote by -MintSauce-
Yeah, that fat kid in the video was irritating as hell, and what he played was pretty boring.. but we're trying to help the threadstarter.

Oh yeah, by the time the video was over I forgot what the thread was about. Damn ADD.
there was no god in there, sorry
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I thought the playing was outstanding. Not many people can play that accurately and cleanly with as little gain as he used.

I want to see some of you guy's vids

The first effect was flanger, it has a distinctive watery whooshy sound, phaser typically has a dry whooshy sound. Reverb was on the entire time. At the very end, that is phaser, not flanger.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Wow, I never knew we had so many good guitarists here. For everyone to be criticizing like they are there must be some great players. I'd love to see some vids of everybody else's great dynamics and technique, over a backtrack you recorded and tracked yourself, without a wall of gain and high output pickups.
Quote by stevenexp
that sounded like a whole bunch of sloppy mess. terrible tone.

It was a bit sloppy, but I agree with MesaExplorer that it was impressive, considering it only sounded like a bit of OD. And you can't really comment on the tone considering the awful video quality.

But yeah, I thought the song was phenomenal. I really loved his phrasing, it sounded like real great music rather than just shredding. If someone else had played it less sloppily, though, it would've really gone through the roof.

For the main stuff, I think just an OCD with a twangy amp like a Fender would get you that tone. Also helps that he's using a guitar like a Strat with those single coils, to help him get that biting tone.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
^I dont even think he was using an OD man. Sounded like a clean amp just being picked hard, which gives it an almost driven tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio