Poll: what would be better?
Poll Options
View poll results: what would be better?
RANDALL RG 50TC
11 48%
PEAVEY VALVE KING 112 COMBO
12 52%
Voters: 23.
i want to play stuff like anthrax(the bush era), alice in chains, slash stuff and some metal stuff ala metallica and pantera. i want to gig with the amps.so it sould be loud enough! what would be better for teh money?
Valveking imo. RG50TC is very fuzzy sounding and has worse cleans.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
actually, opposite of what ^he's saying, i've basically heard only good things about the RG50TC and (generally) mediocre things about the valveking.

i've only played the valveking, and i was pretty unimpressed at just about everything. i've heard good things about the randall's distortion especially, i was considering getting it for a while.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
^ Trust me, its ****. Check the Harmony Central reviews, they agree with me.

Valveking has nice cleans and a good distortion once the speaker has broken in. Played mine yesterday with my guitar in drop C and got a very good metal sound.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
You'll need some pedals with the valveking.

If you can go used and find an American made valveking then get it. I've been reading about the Vietnamese ones being really crappy.

The clips I've heard of RG50TC's were horrible in my opinion. I just hated the sound that people had with it.
i got a boss mega distortion pedal.

i never found the randall audio clips :/

i just want that it sould sound good at FULL volume.no moody sound
Quote by Axeman99
^ Trust me, its ****. Check the Harmony Central reviews, they agree with me.

Your going on reviews?

Upon playing a valve king, I only liked the cleans, the overdrive did nothing for me.

Never really got a chance to play the Randall too long, but I found it a better amp in the short time I played it.
The Valvekings are great all-round amps - for that, think "Jack of all trades, master of none". Whereas, the Randall will pretty much ONLY do metal. Of course, the implication of this is that you can get a nice clean out of the VK, compared to **** from the Randall, and you can actually push the VK into metal territory.

So..

VK = good for anything stock, but needs pushing for metal. With the right boxes, it can do anything.

Randall = good for metal, but limited for cleans. Technically, there's nothing you can do about getting a nice clean tone from it.

Sort yourself out with a Valveking and an overdrive or distortion box.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 2, 2008,
I liked my short moment with the valveking, It wasn't too brutal, But I guess you can achieve a more gainy tone out of it with a tube + speaker swap, that is what many UGers seem to do, but don't quote me on this.

The VK had awesome cleans though.
Quote by False_God
Your going on reviews?

Upon playing a valve king, I only liked the cleans, the overdrive did nothing for me.

Never really got a chance to play the Randall too long, but I found it a better amp in the short time I played it.

No I'm going on personal experience. Some of the HC reviews just happen to coincide with my opinion.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112