This is perhaps my favorite song, Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix.

I have the intro down, followed by the Hendrix chord. Then, I do not know which chords come next. If you don't understand what I mean, I know the song up to the 24th second.

Please, give me a link to a place that shows me how to play the chorus (Hendrix chord, etc) or just write the chords down in your post.

I am aware that this may involve barre chords, which currently, I cannot do. Please, only post variations for the barred chords.

Thanks in advance :-)
This is a tab website for god's sake, go find it yourself.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This is a tab website for god's sake, go find it yourself.

I tried but I can't do barre chords
Quote by 05t16

What does that have to do with finding a tab?
Quote by GeekInThePink
What does that have to do with finding a tab?

that i cant play that tab -.-'
Quote by 05t16

then learn how to play barre chords.........

noob.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by redneck516
then learn how to play barre chords.........

noob.

I'm trying, it doesn't happen overnight, I need something for the meantime.
Quote by 05t16
that i cant play that tab -.-'

Then I guess you can't play the song then? What do you want us to tell you?

If you can't play the barre chords, try open chords.
the song has barre chords. if you can';t play them, don't complain to us that a tab has barre chords. just use the power chords G and A or as mention earlier, open chords for that spot.
Quote by k00kie M0nster
the song has barre chords. if you can';t play them, don't complain to us that a tab has barre chords. just use the power chords G and A for that spot.

Thanks
Quote by 05t16
I'm trying, it doesn't happen overnight, I need something for the meantime.

If you wanna play a jimi song it helps to play like jimi, throw your thumb over that neck man! and sometimes if im havin trouble with a barre, SOMETIMES its easier to just ditch the A string in general and mute it with your thumb(SRV did it a couple times) trust me no one ever notices.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Quote by redneck516
If you wanna play a jimi song it helps to play like jimi, throw your thumb over that neck man! and sometimes if im havin trouble with a barre, SOMETIMES its easier to just ditch the A string in general and mute it with your thumb(SRV did it a couple times) trust me no one ever notices.

Thankyou! These are the kinda replies I need. Not ones quoting that I'm a noob, do you really think that's gonna motivate me?
Last edited by 05t16 at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by k00kie M0nster
the song has barre chords. if you can';t play them, don't complain to us that a tab has barre chords. just use the power chords G and A or as mention earlier, open chords for that spot.

Great reply you really know your stuff, not.

Hendrix rarely used barre chords, when playing the 'F' shape barre chords he used his thumb on the 'E' string muted the 'A' and played the rest of the chord ala easy 'F' chord this left his pinky free to play some little riffs, learn this technique and you'll have it cracked it really ain't that hard, just keep at it if you can get the intro up to the Hendrix chord then I don't think you'll struggle to much with the rest of the intro.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by GraceKim
No the type of reply that you need is what people have told you: LEARN BARRE CHORDS!!!!!!

I would have to agree he should, but on the other hand he asked for help with this particular song and if you play it the way Hendrix played it then you don't need to barre the chord in the usual way
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Learn the barre chords of SRV's "Life without you" he plays the E with the thumb while muting the A. Its pretty simple and a great exercise for barre.
Quote by kyrreca

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Here's a tip. Practice barre chords on an acoustic for awhile. Then switch back the electric and BAM! Barre chords are cake. It's what I did.