if you like it it shouldn't matter what we think.

Its a fender so obviously it isn't a piece of garbage. Have you played it yet?
i think 399 is about 600 USD, and generally signature models are priced more than a regular model

heres a standard strat http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-stratocaster/1006 for about 440 usd, so the buddy guy is 160 dollars more expensive, and 110 quid more. Im not a fender guy, but i would say the extra 110 quid is for the polka dots and buddy guys name, so its up to you
THE FENDER BUDDY GUY sig guitar.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
i've heard from a friend that you shouldnt bother with single coils, and i should get a guitar with humbuckers instead.
whats your opinion on that?

(i think its probably quite obvious that i dont really know what i'm talking about, but still, help would be much appreciated)
what music do you play though?
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
what music do you play though?

absolutely everything.
from robben ford to municipal waste.
[quote="'[charlie_j"]']i've heard from a friend that you shouldnt bother with single coils, and i should get a guitar with humbuckers instead.
whats your opinion on that?

(i think its probably quite obvious that i dont really know what i'm talking about, but still, help would be much appreciated)

Single coils will probably give you a bright tone like Fenders are well known for. While humbuckers are generally a lot thicker tone. If you play a mellow genre like say.. indie definitely go for a single coil, if you play metal a humbucker is almost a must. Rock is kind of the middle ground where it really comes down to preference.