Hey Everyone Again!

As Suggested here Link i bought Mackie Onyx Satallite, it's perfect but i have 1 question...

is it possible to run guitar thought mackie then guitar rig and than jamming online with skype?

at current settings my friend can only hear clean sound (guitar>mackie>skype) i think Skype doesn't recognize the asio that Guitar Rig uses... so guys... Help
smile
Ya dude i do it all the time. Im using a Alesis multimix 8 with a usb input. You just reset your mic settings to the usb and your good to go. The one problem is skype tends to mute the incoming sound when your playing somthing into your mic. so you dont really benifit too much for being the rythem guitarest lol.
huh?:P Mackie is a firewire system... i guess the usb is a bit different

by installing mackie it works like a sound card... it replaces the ins and outs in computer

p.s. windows xp
smile
well by pluging into your mic imput port your computer should automaticly redirect the input. that includes skype.

its really to bad you bought what you did. for 150 bucks you could get a 8 channel mixer with usb connection. getting the sound to the computer is the easy part. whats a pain is finding a good recording program that can process the data smoothly.

wait... when you say firewire. Your talking about the optical sound port? if thats the case i think you need to manualy change your default.
Last edited by Crashton at Mar 2, 2008,
It should be an issue with GR and Skype. Experiment with Skype's inputs and GR's outputs until you start getting what you want.

Somehow, all people are hearing is the sound that the Direct Box of the Mackie's inputting in. There's nothing wrong with your purchase, assuming you didn't get the GR hardware.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
It should be an issue with GR and Skype. Experiment with Skype's inputs and GR's outputs until you start getting what you want.

Somehow, all people are hearing is the sound that the Direct Box of the Mackie's inputting in. There's nothing wrong with your purchase, assuming you didn't get the GR hardware.

GR hardware... lol, no thanks

Skype has only 2 inputs... my sound card (Sigmatel Audio) and Mackie Input

and 2 outputs...

again sigmatel audio and Mackie OUT..

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
smile
Hmm...essentially, the only thing that'll hear your processed (aka not-clean) guitar signal will be the outputs of the Onyx. Are there any settings under ASIO config (I had a USB guitar which had a primitive version of GR, so my memory's a bit fuzzy) and Routing Outputs that I should be aware of?
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Hmm...essentially, the only thing that'll hear your processed (aka not-clean) guitar signal will be the outputs of the Onyx. Are there any settings under ASIO config (I had a USB guitar which had a primitive version of GR, so my memory's a bit fuzzy) and Routing Outputs that I should be aware of?

what do you mean?(
smile
Those settings were in Audio Setup in GR. Are there settings behind those buttons that could be of use?

Worse comes to worse, you could link the outputs of the Onyx Satellite to the inputs of your Sigmatel soundcard, and have Skype read that.