Okay then, two years ago I was dating a guy who gave me two rings, one's plain gold looking, the other is gold with three stones embedded in it, both with marks on the inside of them. I haven't talked or seen this guy since we split and I highly doubt he wants the rings back. We both pretty much hate each others guts, though I'd still feel really guilty if I went and got them estimated and possibly sold at a jewlers. So what should i do? Keep hold of them and never wear them or sell them but feel guilty?
Sell them, when you get another guy he's not gonna be too happy about you holding on to a [meaningful?] gift from an ex.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
why would you feel bad? if you hate each other then he won't care. if you'd really feel bad though, keep them unless you need money. or just give them to me. then you won't benefit
from them, so you won't have to feel bad

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
sell them, and with the money, hire someone to kill your ex
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Sell them and give the money to charity.

+1 the easy way out. you don't gotta look at em, but you don't profit from it all.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by TheQuailman
Do you need the money? If not, just keep them. Why make yourself feel bad?

I ****ing hate you thequailman!!! JUST ****ING LEAVE UG!!!
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
Maybe you could ask him? It's not going to kill you to ask him if he wants them back. The second he says "No, get the **** out of my face," cha-ching!
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Maybe you could ask him? It's not going to kill you to ask him if he wants them back. The second he says "No, get the **** out of my face," cha-ching!

+1

Or give them to charity and start pimpin' out third world countries.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
to answer some of your q's yush i'm pretty short money atm, i have no way of contacting them, he didn't buy them (can't remember how he got ahold of them he just had them) they weren't a meaningful gift, and im not doing out of spite-why the heck would I? I hate the guy but I'm not sad enought that after two years to do spiteful things. And i like the idea of pimping out 3rd world countries haha
Quote by evil_sheep666
and im not doing out of spite-why the heck would I? I hate the guy but I'm not sad enought that after two years to do spiteful things.

I'm just a horrible horrible person
Quote by MetallicaMan1

Why does everyone hate theQuailman so much? I love him and his cute little duck avatar... He makes me smile.

Sell them.
Quote by MetallicaMan1

Trying to be sigged much?

I would do the charity thing, it would mean you felt a bit better about getting rid of them
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

I think I speak for most guys when I say that a girlfriend holding onto gifts from old boyfriends gets on our nerves.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
If you like them as pieces of jewellery then keep them, you can always wear them on a chain around your neck. Like someone said, if you need the cash (say,.. to treat yourself to a new guitar!!),... then get it valued and be rid in exchange for something you'll enjoy more, whether it's for yourself or charity
Sell them.

i saw a collection of twenty engagement rings in a used stuff catalogue. the description said "lightly used, perfect condition. must sell"
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Whatever you do, don't put on the plain gold one, unless you were dating Sauron...

Ok, seriously, I think you should keep them as a momento of that time.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by evil_sheep666
to answer some of your q's yush i'm pretty short money atm, i have no way of contacting them, he didn't buy them (can't remember how he got ahold of them he just had them) they weren't a meaningful gift, and im not doing out of spite-why the heck would I? I hate the guy but I'm not sad enought that after two years to do spiteful things. And i like the idea of pimping out 3rd world countries haha

Well if you can't contact him, then I doubt he'll come looking for them, right? If he does, after more than two years, just tell him you don't know where the hell they went. I'm usually not big on lying, but the probability that you'll ever have to confront him about is seemingly very small.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
a respectable lady would give them back.. It's the right thing to do even if you don't like each other..
Your question is "What would you do?" I would sell them. I don't understand how this act would generate feelings of guilt as you have stated "We hate each others guts"
There is a very fine line between love and hate. Hate usually doesn't generate guilty feelings.

Quote by MetallicaMan1

What is your hardon with the Qman?
***Reported*** btw.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i seriously doubt they're worth much. plain or with small jewels, hallmarked or not, are rarely worth that much. take them to a jeweller's to see, but i doubt you'll get much more than £10 or £15 for them.

edit:
Quote by Redundecency
a respectable lady would give them back.. It's the right thing to do even if you don't like each other..

what the HELL? no it's not. this isn't the 18th century. they were a gift, therefore, hers. now that they're not together anymore, she can do what the hell she likes with them.

and "respectable lady"? you sexist arsehole. does she tell you what to do with your property? no. so don't insult her.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Last edited by esther_mouse at Mar 2, 2008,
All those rings do is remind you of him. So why not make some use of them? *cough* sellthoserings *cough*
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Melt them down, forge the alloy into a bullet, and load it into a gun. Carry the gun wherever you go, and spy on your ex as much as possible. If anyone ever tries to kill him, use the bullet to save him.

Seems like a good idea. I dunno why.
We're only strays.