SO the new issues of Guitar World offer great ways to the the right tone for each months transcribed songs with a setup of BOSS pedals, but I'm wondering something.

Is there something the DS1 or the Mega Distortion still have that you can't get with the Distortion factory or the Metal Zone pedal? It seems like I could save a lot of money if the distortion factory is that versatile.

And how about the BOSS ME20? Does it sound as good when all the BOSS pedals are put together in a multi-effects processor? These are questions i've never really had answered, and I'm going to to go play with the ME20 at Guitar center today (its my birthday and my uncle's gonna buy me some stuff) so I'll let you know how I feel on my end, in the meantime, share your own experiences while I learn how to play "Bang YOUR HEAD" by Quiet Riot!
Last edited by vanitybinge at Mar 2, 2008,
Not really. I'm pretty sure the Distortion Factory has a DS-1 setting anyways as well as a Metal Zone.

I'd stay away from the processors, they never sound as good as the individual pedals.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
to me, the distortion factory sounded like crap in a box when i played it. I found most of the distortion's sounded the same, and most were scooped mids, or to much to my tasting. As for the me20, its an ok effects, it doesn't sound like individual boss stop boxes and feels like a toy imo. but is ok for some one with a low budget.
So what Boss distortions sound good to you?? How about the Scott Ian or dan Donegan models? I'm gonna play with a bunch, I've heard a different brand called the real McCoy is supposed to be really good.

Until I get my big amp shipped down, I've got to practice on a ten watt Marshall in my bedroom, so I need something I can really get some go out of.
Quote by vanitybinge
So what Boss distortions sound good to you?? How about the Scott Ian or dan Donegan models? I'm gonna play with a bunch, I've heard a different brand called the real McCoy is supposed to be really good.

Until I get my big amp shipped down, I've got to practice on a ten watt Marshall in my bedroom, so I need something I can really get some go out of.

Aren't those DIGITECH pedals?

Anyways, generally stay from cheap digital pedals like those.
IMO, none of Boss's distortions sound good to me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
why do you want to buy a pedal that will have some ones name on it, and will most likely sound like ****?
First of all, do some bleeding research.

Seccond of all, what are you really after here? If you want a certain tone, tell us, and we'll help.

Thirdly, I'm rather sure that Guitar World get paid gallons to use Boss pedals in their prescribed settings, so they can convince you hardworking kids to buy all of those cute matching compact mcpedals.