I played this guitar at Guitar Center a week ago and personally loved it, although I only played it for like 15 minutes. It's right at my price range too.

Are there any known reliability issues with it? It has the black JT580 trem which is supposed to be better.

If I buy on eBay I can get it cheaper and with a case, which I'll need to take it to Europe and back over the summer.
Quote by ketiov
I played this guitar at Guitar Center a week ago and personally loved it, although I only played it for like 15 minutes. It's right at my price range too.

Are there any known reliability issues with it? It has the black JT580 trem which is supposed to be better.

If I buy on eBay I can get it cheaper and with a case, which I'll need to take it to Europe and back over the summer.

Yes, it will be cheaper.

On the other hand, if you love the one at GC, why not take that one?

You might be able to get them to throw in a case, plus you can inspect the guitar before buying it. If you fell in love with a particular DK2M, you should go for that one. Of course you might like the one you'd get of Ebay, but why take the risk?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yes, it will be cheaper.

On the other hand, if you love the one at GC, why not take that one?

You might be able to get them to throw in a case, plus you can inspect the guitar before buying it. If you fell in love with a particular DK2M, you should go for that one. Of course you might like the one you'd get of Ebay, but why take the risk?

Because I have only $520 at the moment which is just over the price of the eBay ones :P

It's $600 at GC, so I doubt they would throw in much more than a cheap gig bag.
Quote by ketiov
Because I have only $520 at the moment which is just over the price of the eBay ones :P

It's $600 at GC, so I doubt they would throw in much more than a cheap gig bag.

For 600$ they should be able to throw in a case, besides, 80$ isn't a huge amount of money.

Just convince your parents or try to save up a bit more.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
For 600$ they should be able to throw in a case, besides, 80$ isn't a huge amount of money.

Just convince your parents or try to save up a bit more.

Convince my parents to lend me some cash? Dad made it pretty clear he's not getting me anything after the Mark IV, haha.

I guess I can wait till after spring break, I'll have another 400 bucks by then.
I'll wait if I was you. Remember that even though the one on ebay is the same model as the one you tried out at GC, there can still be differences (The setup is not the problem, but differences in wood quality and therefore tone are possible).
Quote by TheQuailman
I'll wait if I was you. Remember that even though the one on ebay is the same model as the one you tried out at GC, there can still be differences (The setup is not the problem, but differences in wood quality and therefore tone are possible).

+1

Also, you could perhaps do that 12 month pay per month thing with GC if you know you will make enough money to pay for the guitar in 12 months. Look it up, some people will know what I mean.
I guess another thing I could do is buy it, and if I decide I don't like it within 30 days, return it.
The thing with Jackson imports is they hand shape the necks; so there will be ones that play a bit above the rest. I would get THAT one as it's going to be the player of the pack. For what it's worth, th eJT580s are pretty solid, durable trems with a good rep if you stay away from Akai and Fender era Chrome ones