Because i play alot of differnt songs using many differnt tones. I use single coils and humbuckers. I need to get a new guitar soon. I'm not sure if i should get a single coil or a humbucker because im styles vary so much. I was thinking about getting something like a strat hss with the double humbucker in the bridge which has the s-1 system which im told lets you switch that pickup between a single coil to a humbucker. Also if i got that would it be worth it to get the dulux or could i just get a standard and put a s-1 system in it for less. i'm open to any ideas
What's your budget, and what are the main genres you would probably be playing?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Instead of choosing Humbuckers or single coils, you should get a guitar with both of them, look into Ibanez they have a few models with humbuckers and single coils
Right now about 400 to 500 hundred, but im willing to save up my money to get a really good guitar, which is what i need. I play alot of Pink Floyds stuff and use alot of effects, but i also need to be able to play stuff like creed's higher ect.
Get a guitar with humbuckers, some of them have a coil split function, where you can use the regular humbuckers, or split them, and use single coils.

Very useful
Two choices I would recommend for you are the Schecter Gryphon and the Fender MIM Fat Strat. The Gryphon has coil tapping (for both the bridge/neck pickups) that will emulate single-coil sounds, and the Fat Strat actually has two single coils. Both will get you a fair amount of versatility.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
so you need the bluesy strat tone then for playing floyd? you can get strats with two humbuckers, and fitting a coil tap system wouldnt set you back too far. with strats the neck pickups are the closest to the headstock compared to any guitar, that is why its bluesy.
Quote by Andrusho
Get a guitar with humbuckers, some of them have a coil split function, where you can use the regular humbuckers, or split them, and use single coils.

Very useful

+1 this man knows exactly what you should do.
I'd recommend saving money for a nice fat strat, but all told, you could get a lower end one if you really wanted. Here are your options:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/fender-guitars-music-gear-apparel-solid-body-electric-guitars?N=100001+306241+200984&Ntk=All&Ntt=HSS+strat&Nty=1
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Thanks those are some really good ideas, could anyone give me some ideas for guitars that have humbuckers that has coil tapping
HSS strat. Only real single coils will sound as good as real single coils. The HSS has the best of both worlds.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()