What's up guys, I need some help here to see how to do this. I've got a Triple rectifier, I love the low end sound of it, but it's a really loose amp, and the gain is a bit fuzzy. Would it be possible to combine the tone of the TR with a Mark IV for the clearness and clarity of it!??
play them both at the same time? and hope that just the good parts come through lol

i notice the fuzzyness on my F30
thats what a lot of bands do in the studio bro...killswitch on rose of sharyn and their framus and 5150..thats what i do carvin v3 and 5150 so i get the smoothness and the br00talz
Yehh i wanna do it in my live rig though! i've been bitching for a while now about how untight my recto is, but i love the low end you get with it, even when the bass is at 0.
But the Mark IV OR another amp with that clear tone obviously has that clarity i'm looking for aswell.

I know hetfield does this, or something similar, just not sure how! and also wether it'd be worth it!
Quote by ollievk

I know hetfield does this, or something similar, just not sure how! and also wether it'd be worth it!

There are a couple of different ways to do this, 1 would be to use one amp for input say if the recto has a high and low input, plug the guitar into that input. Then take another instrument cable and plug that into the low of the same amp, now take the other end of that cable and plug into the high or input of choice of amp two. You now can dial both preamps to achieve your desired tone, note that this doesn't blend the preamps together it just allows you run both amps at once. This is how SRV did it and I believe Page did this same technique.

The other way is to get a splitter box or cable assy. one in and two out, The way I prefer is a stereo chorus, Eric Johnson does it this way, I use a TC Electronic Chorus and think Johnson does too. It is the best sounding way to get a fat tone via two amps, I my self don't care for too much chorus sound in my tone so I slow the rate or speed to 0 and use the depth high or med. Depending on where you have your pedal you could just switch it off, in my case the stereo chorus is at my back line after my PB with my tuner and amps
for reasons I won't get into now and because it doesn't apply to what your trying to achieve. There are other ways also like slaving the amp by using the send and return using the power and preamps of various amps, but the first couple of ways I mentioned are the easiest. Experiment try all your amps functions you'll now when it sounds to your liking.
Last edited by Humbuckyou at Mar 2, 2008,
Using both the inputs might not work on some amps. You can just get an ABY box I believe, no need to use a chorus or anything. Just a normal splitter box.

Oh, and I believe Adam Jones uses 3 amps (one of which is a bass amp) for his tone.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Using both the inputs might not work on some amps. You can just get an ABY box I believe, no need to use a chorus or anything. Just a normal splitter box.

Oh, and I believe Adam Jones uses 3 amps (one of which is a bass amp) for his tone.

Yeah he does. There are a lot of guitarists that do that actually. Another one that comes to mind is Frusciante.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I forgot what brand, but i know there are some direct boxes that have 2 or 4 amp outputs.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Here, i just found this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Morley-ABY-Channel-Switcher?sku=150757 it can take 2 inputs and put it into 1 output, or 1 input and split it to 2 outputs, so you could split your guitar signal, and run it to the TR and the mark iv
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Many players do that. Use an A/B/Y box to split the signal from your guitar to two different amps. Look into the Morley suggested above, or the Framtone.

I've heard that the Morley can be noisy and kill some of your tone. But you can always look for other ones