Is it really that bad because I've never heard it, I always see people say its really bad so i was wondering
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
If you really want to find out, get the goddamn thing, listen to it and form your own opinion.
Quote by SmarterChild
If you really want to find out, get the goddamn thing, listen to it and form your own opinion.

I want to see how bad people think it is so I don't end up buying a terrible album
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
It's not as bad as people say, but it's not really... good. The songs sound almost identical, are way too long (early Metallica songs are as long, but they were a lot more interesting) and the songwriting it's self isn't great. As well as the production which isn't great.
Its not as good as the rest of there albums but its not as bad as everybody says it is. Frantic is a good song.
EDIT: Its not really worth buying.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
i've only heard the title track, and it was enough to steer me clear of the album
the snare drum in that song is so br00tal, it'll make your ears cry
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by cam_sampbell
I want to see how bad people think it is so I don't end up buying a terrible album

Put it this way, I wouldn't pay money for it unless it was like £3, and even then I'd probs wish I had my £3 back.
the story behind st anger is that metallica had already recorded an album and they were gonna go give the cd to the producer so they can make copies and sell it but unfortunatley on the way there they were ambushed by ninjas and the cd was stolen , at the same time i was taking a dump on the side of the road where metallica just got ambushed , so Lars came up to me and hes like "oh man we really need ur help we were ambushed by ninjas" so i gave them my crap and they passed it off as st anger
Quote by jeremessmore
it was the first metallica i heard unfourtunatley

It was the first one I bought after hearing some ...And Justice For All

It has pretty good riffs in it but terrible vocals and lyrics in my opinion....I still like to listen to Some Kind of Monster and St. Anger occasionally.....and the end of All Within My Hands.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by SmarterChild

+1
Now he's going to think it sucks because that's what people will say (who got their opinions from someone else), and he will openly say it sucks to anyone else who asks without even having heard it.
Go listen to it and don't form your opinion based off what someone else says.
It's just an embarrassing album.

I would say that even if people loved it. It really was following a crappy nu metal trend. Everything about it is quite literally toilet in my opinion - other than the fact it represents a strange crossroads in the lads career.

Since then though they have been on a big up, especially with the 2007 tour which very, very much saw them back on form and taking good aspects of their whole career up to 2001.
It sucks ass through a straw, basically.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Jackolas
It's just an embarrassing album.

I would say that even if people loved it. It really was following a crappy nu metal trend. Everything about it is quite literally toilet in my opinion - other than the fact it represents a strange crossroads in the lads career.

Since then though they have been on a big up, especially with the 2007 tour which very, very much saw them back on form and taking good aspects of their whole career up to 2001.

It wasn't nu-metal. Though I wish it was, Hetfeild rapping would be awesome!
I've never been able to get into any Metallica other than the Master of Puppets album. Nothing else really does it for me.
Quote by mr freezy
It wasn't nu-metal. Though I wish it was, Hetfeild rapping would be awesome!

The guitars were very Nu-Metalish.....

KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL! KIIILLL!! KIILLL!!!!!

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well, the very first thing I heard off of it was the title song. It starts out and I was like "well, this isn't as bad as everyone said...THEN it got to the verse.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Keep in mind, if any other band besides Metallica released this album, then it would have had much more success.

The riffs have plenty more punch to them than anything AX7 has made, for example...
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by BladeSlinger
The guitars were very Nu-Metalish.....

I agree, but I still think Hetfield rapping would be awesome. They should of gone all out limp bizkit style nu-metal for the lulz.
Two things made St. Anger unforgivable.

1. The drums. Whose idea was that?
2. Hetfield's voice. It seemed off-key at points, and just didn't fit in. First album that's ever happened to him on.

Well, I guess there's a third thing; it just seemed like they didn't even try. I think that's what I hate most about it. There's no effort there. Just boredom, and the desire to make an easy buck off of their ravenous fans.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
The drums... Just horrible. They're far too loud, and so the snare is so high-pitched, it's a wonder ears aren't bleeding.
The riffs are interesting... Sort of.
No solos. None.
Same verses over and over and over... Long songs are okay when they're interesting, but St. Anger bit the dust.
James's singing... Wasn't his best, to say the least.

And to cap it off, there was the whole "Lars Ulrich v Napster" fiasco, which made Metallica even more unpopular.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by Altered_Carbon

2. Hetfield's voice. It seemed off-key at points, and just didn't fit in. First album that's ever happened to him on.

Well, I guess there's a third thing; it just seemed like they didn't even try. I think that's what I hate most about it. There's no effort there. Just boredom, and the desire to make an easy buck off of their ravenous fans.

The drums were of course Lars's idea....He was ****ing around with his snare and he tightened it a lot and turned it off (I think that's what he said, I'm not drum saavy so correct me if that's wrong.) and it made that trashcan sound and he liked it....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
The drums were of course Lars's idea....He was ****ing around with his snare and he tightened it a lot and turned it off (I think that's what he said, I'm not drum saavy so correct me if that's wrong.) and it made that trashcan sound and he liked it....

This is why drummers should never be allowed to have anything to say in any case, ever.

Quote by Altered_Carbon

I love his voice in St. Anger. So what if it ain't in key, its not like he was singing 'My Heart will go on' in Kill Em All and the old albums
i didn't think it was completely horrible
yeah, the drums (pretty much just the snare actually) sounded pretty crappy

and about the snare...he just tightened it a lot and took the snares off, that's why it sounded so weird
he just said he wanted something a little different
but it didn't work out very well...

but anyways, there was a handful of good songs on there in my opinion:
St. Anger, Frantic, Shoot Me Again, Some Kind of Monster, and Sweet Amber

overall the album definately wasn't their strongest (my favorite is either Ride the Lightning or ...And Justice for All)
but if you really like Metallica, you might as well listen to it

i like pretty much everything Metallica did to some degree
I seem to be one of the few people that liked it. Sure, it was no Kill 'Em All or anything, it was just something different, but I didn't think it was bad.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
its not that bad, it has some good songs
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Quote by Tom_hatton
Metallica are awful anyway, but St Anger may be the worst album ever.

Reasons?
Are you a Mustaine lover?

wait that don't mean anything really....i love Megadeth too......
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Reasons?
Are you a Mustaine lover?

wait that don't mean anything really....i love Megadeth too......

Haha, I do love Megadeth, but thats not really anything do with why I hate Metallica.

I just think they're the most over-rated, boring, repetitive, mainstream crap ever.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Haha, I do love Megadeth, but thats not really anything do with why I hate Metallica.

I just think they're the most over-rated, boring, repetitive, mainstream crap ever.

I think Master of Puppets is rather over rated a little, and maybe the Black album, but i wouldnt call ...And Justice For All or Ride the Lightning or even St Anger mainstream.