hi, this is probably a really basic and silly question so sorry!
i bought a new guitar yesterday and want to put it in drop c, i have heavy stings so everythings fine on that front,, but...
every time i tune one string, another goes out of tune, and this continues until the brige rises. i dont have a floyd rose or anything either....

ive never had this problem before so im very confused, cheers for the help guys!
you just have to open the scratchplate on the back of your guitar and tighten the 2 claw screws
that should fix you problem
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
is it an Ibanez?
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
You're using a floating bridge.
If you detune one string, the springs at the back will pull in more, therefore the other strings will go sharp, raising the bridge.

So you need to tune progressively, tightening the springs at the back of the guitar until the bridge gets level with the body, or however you want it.

It'll come in easy with time.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68754p there is some more useful info in there if you need. Feel free to ask anything else!
Floating bridges work on exactly the same concepts. The only difference is that the strings aren't locked down. Read the tutorial and you'll see it also applies.
yep well i asked the question because i was going to give the same advice as Pott, i have an ibanez with the floating bridge not a floyd rose as well and i had the same type of problem - generally the bridge will not rise if you use the same brand of strings it came with and the same gauge that it came with from the factory. I changed string brands and had the same problem but i fixed it by using that exact page that Pott linked
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Hehe sorry for the shameless plug about my tutorial Glad it helped
cheers guys, its in tune now, the bridge is still really high though, but at least its in tune!