Hey Dudes at UG! This thread is meant to help newbies learn to play those nagging basic chords. The chords that I'll be teaching you are C, G, D, A, and E. If you learn these chords, you're on your road to happiness. yee haw.

Help for A: Take your index, middle, and ring finger all in the same fret (2nd fret). start on the 5th string on this chord.
Help for E: You once again use your index, middle, and ring finger. Take your index finger, and place it in the first fret, 3rd string. Take your middle and ring finger, and put the middle finger in the 2nd fret, 4th string. Take your ring finger, and put in the 2nd string, 5th string.
Help for D: You'll have no prob pattin this one down. Take your ring, middle, and ring finger. Put the middle finger, second fret and 1st string. Put your index finger, 2nd fret and 3rd string. Then, take your ring finger and place it 3rd fret and 2nd string. This is typically a deeper chord, but just barely.
Help for G: This chord is virtually impossible to be impossible. Easiest one Jesus and God ever made. Take your middle, ring, and little finger. Put the middle finger on the 5th string, ring finger on the 3rd fret and 6th string. Then go put your little finger on the first string and 3rd fret.
Help for C: Although it is tricky to do when transferring from E to C. C use your same 3 fingers that have been in all of them but G. (ring, middle, and index) Put your index finger in the 1st fret and 2nd string. Take your middle finger on the 2nd fret 4th string. Put your ring finger on the 5th string and 3rd fret.

For more help in chords, visit your local music store. They offer chord packets in scales and chords.
Last edited by ican'tplay124 at Mar 3, 2008,
That's very nice dude.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Very nice
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by ican'tplay124
Hey Dudes at UG! This thread is meant to help newbies learn to play those nagging basic chords. I'm a newbie myself, but quickly moving on. The basic chords for acoustic are C, G, D, A, and E. No sus7 chords, minors, or anything like that. Just basic. basic basic basic. If you learn these chords, you're on your road to happiness. yee haw.

Help for A: This is an easy chord. Take your index, middle, and ring finger all in the same fret. start on the 5th string on this chord.
Help for E: This is another easy chord. You once again use your index, middle, and ring finger. Take your index finger, and place it in the first fret, 3rd string. Take your middle and ring finger, and put the middle finger in the 2nd fret, 4th string. Take your ring finger, and put in the 2nd string, 5th string.
Help for D: This chord is REALLY EASY dude. You'll have no prob pattin this one down. Take your ring, middle, and ring finger. Put the middle finger, second fret and 1st string. Put your index finger, 2nd fret and 3rd string. Then, take your ring finger and place it 3rd fret and 2nd string. This is typically a deeper chord, but just barely.
Help for G: This chord is virtually impossible to be impossible. Easiest one Jesus and God ever made. Take your middle, ring, and little finger. Put the middle finger on the 5th string, ring finger on the 3rd fret and 6th string. Then go put your little finger on the first string and 3rd fret.
Help for C: C once again is the easiest chord. Although it is tricky to do when transferring from E to C. C use your same 3 fingers that have been in all of them but G. (ring, middle, and index) Put your index finger in the 1st fret and 2nd string. Take your middle finger on the 2nd fret 4th string. Put your ring finger on the 5th string and 3rd fret.

For more help in chords, visit your local music store. They offer chord packets in scales and chords. Have fun!

What's with you saying "This is an easy chord" if you say that for all of them? And C is probably not the easiest open chord. I still have slight difficulty transferring to it quickly to this day.
Glad to see you edited this and reposted it in this forum where it belongs. Theres still mistakes though:

No sus7 chords

No such thing.

minors, or anything like that. Just basic. basic basic basic

What makes major chords more basic than minor chords?

Help for A: This is an easy chord. Take your index, middle, and ring finger all in the same fret

The same fret. Which fret though?

Help for D: This chord is REALLY EASY dude. You'll have no prob pattin this one down. Take your ring, middle, and ring finger. Put the middle finger, second fret and 1st string. Put your index finger, 2nd fret and 3rd string. Then, take your ring finger and place it 3rd fret and 2nd string. This is typically a deeper chord, but just barely.

Deeper than what? Its actually the least deep chord of all the chords you posted.

Help for G: This chord is virtually impossible to be impossible. Easiest one Jesus and God ever made.

No way. Played the way you describe, G major is probably the hardest chord to finger of the ones you mentioned.

You also dont mention which strings to play open and which ones to mute when nercessary.
Last edited by tom183 at Mar 3, 2008,
easiest way to learn these chords for me was to learn the chorus to the song your time has come by audio slave uses all of them except C.