has anyone done this before?
i dont really like the idea of a killswitch on my bass but i guess i would be amazing and get some cool sound of it
so anyone have any idea of how would it sound?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
ive made a killswitch pedal that I use with my bass. It can create some cool electronic sounds but it doesnt have alot of control. I suppose one on the bass would be alot better.
Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 (Honey Satin finish)
Ibanez GSR 200 (Transparent Red finish)
Behringer BXL1800A
Hartke B150
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
Handmade killswitch

"Slapping is alot more violent and painful than fingering"
Quote by smb
Er well a killswitch mutes the instrument...so it wouldn't sound like anything at all.

i meant if you play it like buckethead or tom morello
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
i meant if you play it like buckethead or tom morello

They use it to cut notes on and off. That is all.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
They use it to cut notes on and off. That is all.

i think my bad english strkes again
what i meant is if some bassist has done it befores
i know what it does and how does it work but
has anybody do it?
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Nikki Sixx has (only) a killswitch on his bass... if that isn't a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.

And, if you're asking this, I don't think I've heard a bass player use a killswitch for tremolo.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I've put a Killswitch in my Schecter. Takes a lot of time to make it useable but I'd reccomend it.
sry for hijacking the thread, but i found a version of NIB by Ozzy Osbourne that (apparently, ie you cant be sure with p2p) features Primus, and the 'bassically" solo at the beginning sounds like a killswitch. does les claypool use a killswitch, or does he use some other funky effect? ill post the song up if im allowed
Quote by kenan6346
sry for hijacking the thread, but i found a version of NIB by Ozzy Osbourne that (apparently, ie you cant be sure with p2p) features Primus, and the 'bassically" solo at the beginning sounds like a killswitch. does les claypool use a killswitch, or does he use some other funky effect? ill post the song up if im allowed

Claypool has a tremolo on his bass that he makes sound like a killswitch by doing repetitive dive bombs. Watch this vid and you'll see what i mean (~1:32) http://youtube.com/watch?v=neZNrCDppGU... of course, he could have used a killswitch too
A killswitch just seems like another useless hole whole in your bass. On that note, if you already have a whole drilled.... why not put in a kill switch!
Last edited by terb at Mar 3, 2008,
jeesus guys i just realised when i looked at my previous posts. I was on UG today at school during lunch, and left PC on, and my mate just told me on MSN that he had posted random crap on bass forums!!! Believe it or not hes a bassist!!! Anyway if you dont believe me check the IPs
Quote by terb
Claypool has a tremolo on his bass that he makes sound like a killswitch by doing repetitive dive bombs. Watch this vid and you'll see what i mean (~1:32) http://youtube.com/watch?v=neZNrCDppGU... of course, he could have used a killswitch too
A killswitch just seems like another useless hole whole in your bass. On that note, if you already have a whole drilled.... why not put in a kill switch!

oh kk
If you have a foot tuner such as the Boss TU-2. You could use that as a killswitch aslong as you don't put it in th bypass jack.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
well i dont, i was just curious because the song sounded cool and i was wondering what made it sound like that