recomend me some portable USB hard drives.

im willing to spend up to 150 us dollars

and i would really like to find one that will work with both Mac and Windows Xp/Vista.
if thats not possible then thats ok. but if it is, that'd be great.

i'm new to portable HD's so i dont know good brands or what to look for or anything.

this is the one i was looking at, but again, i dont know if the brand is ****

http://www.buy.com/prod/cavalry-500gb-3-5-7200rpm-usb-2-0-external-hard-drive-with-one-touch/q/loc/101/205714260.html

thanks

peace
UG's HIPPIE
woah thats cheap
i'd like one too but looking to spend about £50 and buy it in england
Freecom brand also good as well as segate
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
im pretty sure btw you wont get a drive to do both Mac and windows, because the formatting is different, correct me if im wrong.
Pretty good Hard drive youre looking at there though, not sure if youd find a decent one much cheaper
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Quote by beggles
im pretty sure btw you wont get a drive to do both Mac and windows, because the formatting is different, correct me if im wrong.
Pretty good Hard drive youre looking at there though, not sure if youd find a decent one much cheaper

would it be possible to partition it? or would that not work?
UG's HIPPIE
meh, one external harddrive isnt really going to be that much better than another. just look in the adds in the sunday paper for best buy, circuit city, office max, etc. until a big one is on sale for pretty cheap. just check the speed of it to make sure it isnt going to be really slow.

all it does is sit on your desk and hold information. a name brand one isnt going to be any better than an off brand one. save some money or get a bigger one and go with an off brand.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
hmm in theory yes i suppose, but ive never tried it and dont know anyone that has either, so it could be worth trying. =D
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

well brands can sometimes matter, a not so well known brand's drive may not have very good quality, and could possibly end up breaking, and the person could lose data. At least if you go with someone like Seagate, you know youre going with a well known company who offer a guarantee on the drive.
Beggles

Quote by the humanity