Hey guys. I’m trying to identify a particular Gibson electric guitar. Recently, I stumbled upon a not-so-hi-res video clip on the Internet. It’s a video of a live performance on some talk show.

Here’s a link to the video:

That vintage cherry sunburst electric guitar that that girl is holding- Is that a Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite?? I swear those things went out ages ago.

If you don’t know what I mean- here’s a pic of the 1997 version:

And here’s the product description from the Gibson website:
http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/LesPaul/StudioLite.html

Do you guys agree with me that that girl’s electric guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite? Could it be anything else? What do you guys think it is? Anyone know beyond the shadow of a doubt?

Thanks in advance!
I didn't think Gibson had a beer brand..."Gibson Les Paul Lite", 4.0% alc/vol.

It looks nice, but I had no idea there was such a thing. It does look a little different than an normal LP studio...however, it is possible that she could have had it for a while when they were around/in production?
that looks like a lp studio lite... they came with black pickup rings and open coil pickups, and they never made actual straight up studios in a cherry sunburst like that... so i wouldnt doubt it....
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by Nailgun
was there a guitar in that vid? all I saw was her.

Were you checking her out or something? You think she's a looker?
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
that looks like a lp studio lite... they came with black pickup rings and open coil pickups, and they never made actual straight up studios in a cherry sunburst like that... so i wouldnt doubt it....

Then what could it be then? I compared the guitar in the vid to that in the photo, and starting thinking that both guitars were one in the same.